Page 31 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If military school is your only direct military affiliation, then you are not enlisted or commissioned, or LE, or a member of any organization that casually allows one to possess munitions like that shown.

Unless you have some verifiable dispensation from the Pope, Joe Pesci, or the Lesbian Queen of Xanadu, that grenade means that that those photos come down. They may be replaced with photos of "sterilized" gear at a later time.

In the meantime, we're gonna have a private chat, later, about the Law of Unintended Consequences.
    Contractor scum, New & Legacy Equipment Trainer
    PM Infantry Weapons, USMC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    If military school is your only direct military affiliation, then you are not enlisted or commissioned, or LE, or a member of any organization that casually allows one to possess munitions like that shown.

Unless you have some verifiable dispensation from the Pope, Joe Pesci, or the Lesbian Queen of Xanadu, that grenade means that that those photos come down. They may be replaced with photos of "sterilized" gear at a later time.

In the meantime, we're gonna have a private chat, later, about the Law of Unintended Consequences.

smoke grenades are legal if you bought them before the ban on pull pin style grenade... you can even own tear gas grenades if you can find someone to sell them to you with out a DD licenses before they recently placed a ban on all pull pin style grenades....

ALS use to sell all types of grenades for civilians and I bought a few of them from scottsdale gun club a few years ago and they dont burn down shit like the M-18 and HC smokes that i have used and own...

before they declared these devices as DD you could get M-18's form stores, army surplus shops and LE shops for like 50-80 bucks shipped and if you got the nicer pocket style smokes by ALS you can get them for 35-40 bucks shipped.. and in all sorts of colors even if you where lucky to find some you can get HC gas ones and tear gas grenades and 37mm ammunition.... there are no SS# on my gear and none of witch was and all my stuff is legally owned....

What would make you think I cant own pre-ban smoke?
    please Explain
    thanks
    Koji

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Cute.

Calmate. That's what's being checked. We have a whole forum to fret over, and you'll have to forgive us if we wanna verify the dissemination of potential illegalities in any medium, be it print or image. Nobody's being renditioned and put into stress positions.

They're down until we know you're good. Rest assured, if everything is kosher, I'll host the photos for re-posting myself, if that's what it takes.
    Contractor scum, New & Legacy Equipment Trainer
    PM Infantry Weapons, USMC

Feedback Score
    I think that bear needs some real PJs to come and save him!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Director of Marketing at Griffon Industries

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    OMG Koji, everywhere you go people want to single you out.

How goes the X games?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Swede View Post
    Just a question out of curiosity for all you US guys that serve. What are the policies for buying your own gear? Is that something that is regulated centrally by the service or does your local CO say what is go/no-go? is there a list of gear you are allowed to buy yourself or can you just shop about anything you like? Didn't want to start up a whole new thread so I hope it's ok I post in this one.
    From my experiences it has been on at least Company level, I've had joes go out and buy crap gear and told to lose it, other times nobody cared, other times only issued gear was allowed.

With my current unit, the CO's policy is if it works its ok, I know I look over my joes' gear and make suggestions, haven't had to make them get rid of crap gear yet, its a good group. Like I have no problem with my guys using their own personal optics, but if someone were to show up with a Barska or NcStar you better believe that junk will not be allowed. So long as its good gear that works then I have no problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just a question out of curiosity for all you US guys that serve. What are the policies for buying your own gear? Is that something that is regulated centrally by the service or does your local CO say what is go/no-go? is there a list of gear you are allowed to buy yourself or can you just shop about anything you like? Didn't want to start up a whole new thread so I hope it's ok I post in this one.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Swede View Post
    It really varies from unit to unit. My Battalion had a strict SOP before we deployed of not only issued kit, but all exactly set up in the exact same configuration. When we deployed they relaxed it so that we could use non-issued pouches and RACKs as long as they were ACU/UCP. When we returned they went back to strict issued kit only / SOP and then before they deployed this last time they were allowed again to use personal pouches / chest rigs as long as they were ACU, Multicam, Coyote Brown, or Ranger Green. Lucky bastards.

The use of non-issued equipment on weapons was even more schizophrenic and was constantly changing. Overseas we were first given somewhat free range of using non-used furniture / magazines (many of us used Pmags that had just come out) but then toward the end of the deployment this was reversed so I had to take off my Magpul MOE stock / pistol grip. Back home we were allowed to mod our weapons again and many bought aftermarket stocks, then were told to remove them a few months later. I got past this by acquiring a SOPMOD stock and a Tango Down grip off a disused M14 SAGE stock, so technically it was "issued"- and they seemed to ignore my Tango Down Vertical Grip.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    Like what kaltesherz said, it varies wildly by unit and who's in charge at the time.

During OIF V, we could have whatever rack or pouches we wanted as long as it was a subdued pattern/color. And of course we could set it up however we wanted as long as tiedowns and markings were standardized. The one thing was that the IFAK had to be on the left side.

During OIF VII, they frowned on anything that wasn't ACU pattern but we could have any aftermarket stuff as long as it was ACU. I actually bought a new ATS RAID pack in ACU to appease the CSM's anger over my coyote brown RAID that was used on the previous deployment. Fortunately it was on sale for $99 at the time . The color/pattern thing was eased up for small pouches and the like. And of course, IFAK on left side was a requirement. They got retarded with the weapons for this deployment and wouldn't even let guys use the few SOPMOD stocks we had, saying they weren't issued(BS). Once Battalion forgot about it, we started putting them back on.

Page 31 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast