Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    North of the border between the US and Miami
    Feedback Score
    JC, how did you find the sizing on the HEV? I hear it runs VERY large...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretNY View Post
    JC, how did you find the sizing on the HEV? I hear it runs VERY large...
    I didn't think so.

I was issued First Choice 3A panels and I would be a size large in armor. My shirt size is large or XL, so I'm not a really big guy (5'9", 190).

At the time when I ordered mine, the HEV only came in L/XL, now they make a S/M as well. I traced my panels and sent them to TT and they told me I was good to go for the L/XL HEV. My panels fit in there great and I'm able to adjust the HEV to fit nice and snug. If need be, I could leave the vest closed and put it on over my head and be ready to go quickly if I didn't want to undo the velcro and close it back up again....which is nice because I work in plain clothes and don't always wear my vest.

There isn't a tremendous amount of adjustment because you are dealing with a cummerbund type of vest, but you could technically overlap the cummerbund in the front to really pull it tighter, but I would think if that were needed, the size S/M would be the best bet.

Overall, I'm really happy with it and glad I went in that direction. Can't say enough good things about it.

Hope this helps (and makes sense).

JC

Feedback Score
    Blue Force Gear Belt and suspenders
    Kershaw Responder Rescue Knife
    VooDoo Tactical 3 mag M-4 Pouch
    VooDoo Tactical Pistol Mag Pouches (2)
    Dump Bag
    First Aid Kit
    General Purpose Pouch
    Kydex Glock Holster on a home made MOLLE holder

Carolina Smoke and Guns
    Licensed Class 3 Firearms Dealer
    Consulting on NFA Items

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Interesting choice of fixed blade!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    Interesting choice of fixed blade!
    it is an awesome knife, stays super sharp has a nice hook on it for cutting webbing, just no point. Use it for climbing too.
    Carolina Smoke and Guns
    Licensed Class 3 Firearms Dealer
    Consulting on NFA Items

Feedback Score
    Le load out
    The reason for this load out is I sustained a back injury while on the job. I wear this vest for 10+ hours, and I believe that a molle setup is the best way to go due to the customization and real world scenarios. I have changed my set up numerous times, and will do so in the future (OCD lol).

The carrier is custom from Beez Combat Systems and the cumberbund is a FS retro fit cumberbund.
    Starting From top to left to right Beez combat shoulder pads, HSGI shoulder pads, Blue Force Gear Boo Boo Pouch Austere Provisions Company with Asp Handcuffs, Hsgi Taco, FS ammo pouch, PIG gloves attached with a Maxpedition Grim loc (I know ironic), Blackhawk Taser X26 holster, Blue Force Gear Boo Boo Pouch with second set of cuffs, Esstac Kywi double mag holster, HSGI double decker with stream light flashlight and Leatherman OHT, and last but not least Tactical tailor silent key keeper.

Shitty pic of my First Spear cummerbund comparing the stock cummerbund

Old pic of side of stock cummerbund
    Last edited by silentstorm16; 01-20-14 at 02:50.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Here is my kit with a few pictures. It's always changing, in the past few months those changes have been drastic. I've been running the AVS for about half a year, and I love it. It's a good in-between for what we're doing right now.

Crye Precision AVS

My Right to Left:
    HSGI TACO Pouch
    BFG CAT-NOW (with CAT)
    Esstac KYWI 3 Mag pouch
    BFG Ten-Speed Triple Pouch (two flash bangs, one SOF TQ in wrapper)
    Carabiner for Chem-Lite Bundle
    Double Frag Pouch
    Two HSGI TACO Pouches (Mounted on Harness, keeps it tight to my body)
    BFG Ten-Speed Dump Pouch
    Tactical Tailor PRC-152 Pouch

On Rear:
    Issued GP Pouch (Contains NODs and Spare Radio Battery)
    Tactical Tailor Joey Hydration Pouch
    BFG Trauma Kit

Right Side Clear, for pistol draw

IMG_2126 by thekersh86, on Flickr

IMG_2125 by thekersh86, on Flickr

IMG_2127 by thekersh86, on Flickr

IMG_2128 by thekersh86, on Flickr

IMG_2129 by thekersh86, on Flickr

IMG_2130 by thekersh86, on Flickr

Also, my rifle with spare upper:

IMG_2132 by thekersh86, on Flickr

Not Pictured:
    Blade Tech Drop/Offset holster for Glock 19 with X300
    IMI Double Mag Paddle Holster
    Last edited by thekersh86; 02-22-14 at 11:46.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    This is my gear set up that I plan to run over the next few months and see how it does. I've had a plate carrier before and got rid of it, then I had a cheesy belt/suspenders (both were shitty Condor) so now I'm starting to get better kit and actually run it.

Plate Carrier
    Shellback Tactical Banshee
    LVL 4 stand alones
    3 single TACOs in front
    TQ
    Right side CB
    1 Double Decker TACO
    SpecOps Brand 3 mag carrier-I have this one mounted and empty as I want to throw in some Esstac Shotshell carriers
    Left side CB
    SpecOps Brand double pistol mag holder
    Unkown brand (not taking if off to look at label) GP/Admin pouch

Belt
    Blackhawk Patrol Belt (Getting replaced with an Emdom MM CM once they have them back in stock)
    Right side
    2 single TACOs
    Generic drop leg for my Smith SD40 and TLR1s
    Benchmade Nimravus with a Benchmade Rescue Hook mounted to the sheath
    Maxpedition Rolypolly dump pouch
    Left Side
    2 Double Deckers
    Army issue IFAK

The reason I went with a Blackhawk belt is the Condor belt I had "rolled" I guess would be the best word for it. It didn't have any structural integrity so my mags were pointed out. The Blackhawk is a padded MOLLE belt so I don't have to worry about the rolling of an exterior battle belt-can any one chime in if this is just crappy belts that do it? As far as this belt goes, it works in the mean time till I can get an Emdom and pad set. I have all my rifle mags oriented with bullets facing to the right and pistol mags bullets left. Reason for this is that I shoot right handed pistol but rifle left, and I can actually get to all the mags with appropriate hand.

I'm in love with the Banshee so far, its a great low pro set up. I still need to get a Camelbak Armorbak for on the back and this will be done. I intentionally left the Velcro front empty other than name so that it doesn't interfere with mag pulls and if I want I can slap an Esstac on and reload from there. I have the CB attached with bungee on the MOLLE webbing because I can quick undo both sides in the rear and go slick if I want to loose the sides.

All in all, I think I'm satisfied. I have the belt and PC set up for each to be somewhat independent of each other yet compliment each other. I have 2 308s so for me TACOs are a must. I like that I can grab the belt and go to the range or grab all. Walking around the house though I can see that I may want to use some 20 rounders on my belt since the 30s do touch gear on my PC-this may or may not be the case, only time will tell if its an issue.

I digitally inserted Jaba the Hutt into the original Star Wars-Eric Cartman

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbutt View Post
    This is my gear set up that I plan to run over the next few months and see how it does.
    [URL=http://s767.photobucket.com/user/sgtbutt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140222_172613_zpsf048206f.jpg.html][IMG]
    Holy crapping Christ on a Pogostick that's alotta stuff. Do you really need all that stuff? 8 primary and 3 secondary mags seems a little much, as do all the GP pouches. I'd ditch all the primary mags off your battlebelt, removed the secondary and GP pouches from your PC, and run only 2 secondary mags off the belt. Plus maybe switch the dropleg for something that would mount directly to the belt.

Sorry, just looks bulky and awkward as all get out, not to mention completely unnecessary for an HD / SHTF set up. Slim it up and you'd be amazed how much more practical your rig is.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    Holy crapping Christ on a Pogostick that's alotta stuff. Do you really need all that stuff? 8 primary and 3 secondary mags seems a little much, as do all the GP pouches. I'd ditch all the primary mags off your battlebelt, removed the secondary and GP pouches from your PC, and run only 2 secondary mags off the belt. Plus maybe switch the dropleg for something that would mount directly to the belt.

Sorry, just looks bulky and awkward as all get out, not to mention completely unnecessary for an HD / SHTF set up. Slim it up and you'd be amazed how much more practical your rig is.
    You're right about 8 primary mags, but if you read closely you'll actually see that I'm set up for 2 pistol mags on the belt and 3 for a total of 5, and didn't mention if I want to throw one on the drop leg, so 6 secondary mags. And also if you further read I stated that these are set up independent of and compliment each other. The purpose of a belt is to reposition weight from shoulders to hips. Bulky, yes, and when I run these together I'll use 20 rounders on the belt. For the most part it will be belt, but if I want to run one or the other separate I can due to how this is set up. As far as SHTF or HD, I have no delusions of using this as that kind of set up.
    For right now, I've got a lot of thought into how I have this set up, the whole 1st line, 2nd line train of thought and it works for me. But that's the beauty of using too much crap in training, you figure out what works and what doesn't. The GP pouches are about the only thing on there that may come off though. As far as the dropleg switching out to a Kydex, I've thought about it, but with me using pistol right handed and rifle left I draw primary mags with right hand,a Kydex holster will take away from that ability.
    But I do appreciate the criticism.
    I digitally inserted Jaba the Hutt into the original Star Wars-Eric Cartman

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast