Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DD MK18 RIS II upper build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question DD MK18 RIS II upper build

I plan on building a DD MK18 RIS II rail and a 10.3 or 10.5 barrel and a BCM FA BCG. I can't find the photos of the DDMK18 in the past of a clone build using a Colt upper Rec and a Colt 10.3 barrel or a Noveske 10.3 or 10.5 Barrel. Please someone please post photos on here of all the MK18 DD RIS Uppers?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Stick you have enough room to hang a can off the end of that?
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    Stick you have enough room to hang a can off the end of that?
    Not Stick, but it really depends on the can. I use an AAC M4-2000 Mod 07 with a 10 7/16" barrel and a Mk18 rail. I'm using the Blackout mount and I have about 1/16" room between the can and the rail.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a 10.5" Denny's Guns barrel. and bought the DD MK18 rail and wanted to make sure there was enough room to hang a can off it. Now if only my favorite gun store would go Class III/SOT. (Hint, Hint)
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    I have a 10.5" Denny's Guns barrel. and bought the DD MK18 rail and wanted to make sure there was enough room to hang a can off it. Now if only my favorite gun store would go Class III/SOT. (Hint, Hint)
    Got the SOT last week should have some stock in a few months.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Not Stick, but it really depends on the can. I use an AAC M4-2000 Mod 07 with a 10 7/16" barrel and a Mk18 rail. I'm using the Blackout mount and I have about 1/16" room between the can and the rail.

That is an awesome looking rifle. No cans here in VT it is a fish and game violation with a $15 or $25 fine. Is that FDE furniture? Mine looks alot lighter that yours. Could just be the lighting. Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    That is an awesome looking rifle. No cans here in VT it is a fish and game violation with a $15 or $25 fine. Is that FDE furniture? Mine looks alot lighter that yours. Could just be the lighting. Thanks for sharing.
    wouldn't there still be federal penalties? I feel like I would have gotten a can by now if it was only $25 fine. Shit, Im illegally parked right now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by boganz45; 04-06-10 at 16:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast