Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Defense TD-415 (HK416 clone) Gas piston upper preview (Pics inside)

Feedback Score
    VB, thanks for the write up and review. I for one am very interested in this upper but will wait on to see how Titan will measure up in providing adequate customer support for their product (service, warranty, repair and spare parts availability etc.) before dropping my coin on their upper..
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Feedback Score
    What's pricing going to look like?

LWRC & HK are at the upper end of the spectrum and then you have CMMG with a sub-$1000 piston gun. Where do these guys plan to fit themselves in?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NSR500 View Post
    What's pricing going to look like?

LWRC & HK are at the upper end of the spectrum and then you have CMMG with a sub-$1000 piston gun. Where do these guys plan to fit themselves in?
    $1250 for the upper alone, which makes it mid pack in terms of pricing, and far south of the comparably equipped LWRC 10.5" M6A2 which clocks in at $1800
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    First, they wanted to make it clear they are a independently owned and financed company. They are not a subsidiary of any other company, Todd Baily or anyone else. This is NOT a Todd Baily product.

You sure about that? Check this out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    You sure about that? Check this out.
    Good post.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Todd Bailey's English is so awful, it's hard to figure out what he's saying but read this.

Some high comedy there. Example of Todd's posts, bold added by me.

As for the rest of the issues

Life of barrel CA415 blows away Hk416
    Requiring Lube CA415 NONE hk 416 bring an quart or two you need it
    Cleaning CA415 NONE, maybe a wipe down every 10K if you like Hk416 get a grinder to chip the carbon off the piston!!!
    reliability CA415 has NO piston rings Hk416 piston rings fail all the time!!!
    Accuracy CA415 button rifled and precision drilled for the best std barrel on the market!!!! Our std barrels compare to bushmasters sniper barrels!!!!
    Increased features CA415 std with single stage 3.5 lb trigger Hk 416 std mess military trigger
    Internals spring MOST on CA415 Stainless steel Hk 416 carbon steel going to rust and fail!!!

Finally fit up the uppers and lowers are machined at the same location so unlike other manufactures(most of them) where the upper is made one place and the lower another ours are made at the same place at the same time!!!!! Best possible fit up

You will not find a better setup and Like all other CA products if we can improve we WILL

We are also planning a big roll out of tech data on our guns Vs competitors product that you all will be blown away by and we will offer the competitors the chance to prove us wrong!!!!
    Last edited by Littlelebowski; 09-28-09 at 16:35.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    And it's up on the Coharie Arms website.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Todd Bailey's English is so awful, it's hard to figure out what he's saying but read this.

Some high comedy there. Example of Todd's posts, bold added by me.
    The effect of such nonsense is a reverse advertising. His stuff is so ridiculous it turns you off the product.
    Last edited by YVK; 09-28-09 at 16:42.

Feedback Score
    $1250 for the upper alone, which makes it mid pack in terms of pricing, and far south of the comparably equipped LWRC 10.5" M6A2 which clocks in at $1800
    Thanks!

I'm willing to give one of these a shot even if there is a possibility that it is from Todd. I have a 1st run SW3 that runs like a champ with build quality that rivals a PTR91. I also have a Coharie MP5 .40 clone that runs like a Rolex, so I'll give the Titan a shot.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    VB - did this upper come with any sights, rail panels or any other accessories?
    There is a fight, that began before any of us were ever born. It will continue, long after we have retired, moved on, and left this world. It is a fight for the soccer mom next door, your mailman, the guy that bags your groceries, and most importantly, it is a fight for your family. We are in a daily battle not for land, not for resources or colonial controls...we are in a fight for our very way of life

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast