Thread: Specialized Armament RP alternative?

Feedback Score

Specialized Armament RP alternative?

I've been wanting to send my upper to Specialized Armament ( a company like them) for a while now. Unfortunately, the only thing that comes close to filling Ken's requirements are the Upper (colt) and the Barrel (colt). My Bcg is .mil contract as well, but not colt specific. My lower is a Stag stripped lower with Lmt FCG, BADASS, Phase 5 EBR and Troy Mag Release. I can swap hammer and buffer, no problem, but I would love the other work as well. Is there anyone else offering a similar service? I hear such great things and would love to run it in my rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmanwit View Post
    I've been wanting to send my upper to Specialized Armament ( a company like them) for a while now. Unfortunately, the only thing that comes close to filling Ken's requirements are the Upper (colt) and the Barrel (colt). My Bcg is .mil contract as well, but not colt specific. My lower is a Stag stripped lower with Lmt FCG, BADASS, Phase 5 EBR and Troy Mag Release. I can swap hammer and buffer, no problem, but I would love the other work as well. Is there anyone else offering a similar service? I hear such great things and would love to run it in my rifle.
    It would be hard to find, but not impossible to find someone who can do some of the enhancements that are done by Ken. It's not realistic to send a smith a basket of parts gun and tell them to make it better, that doesn't ever really happen, too many unknowns.

Feedback Score
    I can understand that, but I know how good he is. I mean, the work can't be totally impossible to another good AR shop, right? His reputation is awesome, and I hear nothing but good about the rifles. Rock and a hard place I suppose.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmanwit View Post
    I can understand that, but I know how good he is. I mean, the work can't be totally impossible to another good AR shop, right? His reputation is awesome, and I hear nothing but good about the rifles. Rock and a hard place I suppose.
    I see what you are saying, but you're missing part of the point. Mixing up the parts throws a wrench in the works. The same enhancements don't apply, like mixing apples and oranges in a general sense. For instance, a bolt could use many different enhancements depending on how they are made. None of the other parts are any different in the way they are made. Do you see what I'm saying?

Feedback Score
    I'm not quite following, as the upper isn't really a mix of parts. Yes, different suppliers for two parts, but they are the same material in the same spec of the same shape. I can't see how those variances would prevent the RP from being successful. And I can swap the hammer and buffer myself. Sorry if I'm coming across as rather dense, my mother always said I was special

Feedback Score
    You are still missing the point. The quality dept adheres to the goals of a manufacture to meet parts that meet the spec they desire. They are all different. Different quality programs have different avenues and know very well how to beat their spec's. They choose to do so in a way that puts them better in their respective market place for a cost respective product, that's business. This spec can vary in many ways, how they choose the base product and develope it, is based on their own business model, and what they choose to do. When someone says Milspec comparing parts, its like an idiocy of clowns that say they copied it, regardless of if they even have the data to support that claim. Business is a tough world, and details about their respected products are even tougher. So, comparing apples to oranges is not a bad analogy.

Feedback Score
    Tracking