Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is the EMOD superior to the CTR?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Since you are considering the EMOD, you should also take a look at the LMT SOPMOD. As stated it has improved cheekweld, watertight storage, and QD point (on latest version).

I switched over from EMOD to SOPMOD and never looked back.

You can find them used for around $135 (old version) and $165 (new version with QD)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I prefer the SOPMOD to me that is a better comparison to the EMOD. I actually like the balance it adds to Mono railed rifles... If you want a light rifle I would stick with what you have and spend the cash on ammo.

Feedback Score
    I like the smaller and lighter CTR
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Weapon balance has something do with it too. The heavier Emod will balance out a nose heavy carbine, like a 16 in mid-length with suppressor and light installed. The CTR will give better balance on a light weight SBR.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I keep switching back and forth. Started with the MOE, and then wanted to try out the EMOD because I figured it would help with the balance of the 12" rail I had. Well, I switched the 12" for a 7" (actually just took a hacksaw to it) and switched back to the MOE. I feel the MOE fits into my shoulder better and offers an adequate cheekweld. I never store anything on my gun, it's heavy enough as it is. I'm all about weight now, so anything I can shave off and still have my gun do everything I need it to is what I want. The EMOD is a great stock, but not for beards, or for weight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HPLLC View Post
    it passed the Marine drop tests I hear- the only stock to do that.
    Has anyone figured out what these tests consist of yet? Genuinely curious...

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    I find the extra bulk of storage stocks to get in the way of body armor. I wouldn't trade easy of switching from left to right hand shooting for a couple of extra batteries that you don't need to be carrying around. CTR is the way to go.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    The new SOPMOD stocks have a built-in QD cup. Most vendors are clearing out their old SOPMOD's b/c of this...

Your other points are valid, just not important to me. We all have different requirements.

The LMT SOPMOD is inferior based on your criteria. Which again, doesn't make you less right, or wrong. Just your criteria and your opinion. We all have one.

The bottom line is the CTR and EMOD are not in equivalent planes. They serve different purposes for different people.

Only an individual can make the call.
    Didn't know that. Well then it's a close call, I'd still say the toe angle of the EMod makes it better. The storage compartment on the Emod is better, it did pass Marine drop tests (the only stock from what I heard to do that), so if you actually have to ever buttstroke anyone it's the way to go, and it has the metal plate for doing that.

I have an LMT on my rifle right now, a second tour stock, so I've preffered it I just think the Emod has a lot of improvements the LMT could have and a cheaper price tag too.

The CTR is better than std Colt M4type 2 waffle, no doubt, and that's what I'd compare it to, and leave the LMT and Emod in a different category.

CTR is better than colt IMO as its buttpad closes the hole so sand doesn't get in, the stock doesn't wobble, and it looks better <that being completely aesthetic but meaningful to everyone with eyes which includes all of us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234