Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolt failures

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    I use the LWRC cam pins. They are indexed and are well heat-treated. Mine look great after beaucoup rounds.
    Where can you pick up LWRC cam pins?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I use the LWRC cam pins. They are indexed and are well heat-treated. Mine look great after beaucoup rounds.
    any links to more info? i floated around the lwrci site and couldnt find any info on parts

Feedback Score
    Clint on 68forums sells 8620 cam pins with a good heat treat also.
    How many manufactures are using mim pins now?

Feedback Score
    Anyone seen a Failzero cam pin up close and personal with an acceptable round count on it?
    Was wondering if their coating held better than the hard chrome as advertised.
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    a shame this kind of thread doesn't happen anymore.

you do realize this thread is 200 years dead and buried right?

i've heard about POF's "advanced" BCGs, but never really investigated.. i'm guessing their cam pin is basically a big bearing? if you can reduce friction between bolt and cam pin, you can reduce erosion of the cam pin/hole (play), which will reduce bolt breakage at the hole, in theory.

bolt breakage at the hole can also be reduced by consistent proper hardening.. the studies ive read about bolt breakage have shown that it takes both play AND uneven tempering to prematurely break a bolt.. but "prematurely" is the key term.

We still have these threads. I know this because I have started a couple of them.

C4

Feedback Score
    Indexed ? could some one please explain.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They have a front pointing arrow.

Guys, I got them from LW years ago. I recommend you email them if you don't see them.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    They have a front pointing arrow.

Guys, I got them from LW years ago. I recommend you email them if you don't see them.
    What benefit does "indexing" the cam pin provide? It seems obvious that it would ensure that loads (and wear) would always act on the same location of the pin, but does reversing the pin's orientation, thereby varying the bearing surface, and the direction loads are applied, hurt anything??

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPD View Post
    What benefit does "indexing" the cam pin provide? It seems obvious that it would ensure that loads (and wear) would always act on the same location of the pin, but does reversing the pin's orientation, thereby varying the bearing surface, and the direction loads are applied, hurt anything??
    seems like you could probably stretch life out of 'em by indexing... run it on one side only for 2000 rounds, then start running it on the other side. bet it stays tight longer..

hmm.. think i'll go dremel little arrows on all my cam pins

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    By keeping it indexed, you are allowing the surfaces to 'mate' with the slot in the bolt carrier.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast