Thread: NFA Question

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

NFA Question

I have done my best to read and understand as much info as I could in the NFA section but I have a few last questions. I finally got my lower in the mail and I want to do a SBR. I am filling out the Form 4 (which I am sure I will have questions on). Once that is done I need a CLEO to sign off on it right? I can list multiple lengths right? Sorry if there are duplicate questions I just want to make sure I get all the info correct before I send it off. Thanks.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    Yes, you need a CLEO to sign your form 4. For length, I put down the minimum barrel length (7.5") on what I'm going to be using.

If you want, you can see my form 4 since we both work on Hill AFB.

Send a PM if u want.
    - Eric

Feedback Score
    Well first you will be doing a ATF Form 1 and not a Form 4. Form 1 is for making a SBR, which it sounds like you are doing if you already have a lower which is the registered part of a NFA weapon. You will fill out the Form 1. While doing the Form 1 you can list additional calibers and lengths in the additional description part of the form. If you go the individual route then yes you will need a CLEO to sign and date the forms. You will also need two FBI print cards w/ the BATFE NFA ORI printed on them along with a compliance form.....

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    bwhited pretty much covered it. Since you are in the military I think I would go the trust route, but that is me. I know that it has served me well when I was overseas.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I would go the trust route, but that is me. I know that it has served me well when I was overseas.
    This method saved me a great deal of time as well.

Feedback Score
    Everyone has pretty much hit the wickets here but I have my .02 of course.

The adding of additional calibers & barrel lengths I have heard gets kicked back. I would put the "ABSOLUTE" shortest length barrel you may ever use in the required block and the most used caliber you will be shooting.

REASONING:
    Once your Form 1 gets approved you may make temporary changes to the firearm. Should you prefer a different caliber or barrel length all you have to do is write to the ATF informing them of the changes...meaning you put 5.56/.223 for cailber on the F1 but, you'd rather keep the 9mm upper predominately attached.

They will send you back a approved "change request" form eventually. I have heard this may take up to a year.

Hope this makes sense,
    MCASgt New River
    Last edited by MCASSgt New River; 11-19-09 at 19:14.
    Saiga S12 is my new Homeland Defense weapon.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Ok, so I just need to decide if I am doing a trust. Anyone in Utah done one?
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    I've never sone the trust route. I've ony done the individual route on both my Form 1 and Form 4.
    - Eric