Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another trust question.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Another trust question.

I am going to start a living trust to use my LMT lower for a SBR. I purchased Quicken willmaker. The trust will just be used for my SBR. On schedule A can I just list "rifle ser # LMT ##### or rifle and trust name. Is it ok to do this before you are aproved? I will sent it out to have the trust engraved before I send the paperwork . Do I have to change it after I get my stamp if I just list " Rifle and trust name"? Has anyone done this and added any other SBRs to the trust later without a problem? Thanks

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've heard of guys who don't add the rifle to the trust until after the approval. I can only give you my scenario. I added my 2 SBRs to my Sch A prior to approval like this:

"Eagle Armalite M15-A2 Serial #XXXXXX Short Bbl Rifle"

I don't know why you'd have to change anything after you get your stamp since the model and serial number are unchanged.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks . I am going to do the same.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well it's not an NFA item or "Short Bbl Rifle" as you put it until the form is approved.

rifle ser # LMT ##### is just fine.

You don't need to add the rifle before you send in the paperwork though. You can send an empty Schedule A and that will be fine with the ATF as long as they haven't already approved you for anything

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    You can send an empty Schedule A
    I think that's what many people have done too. In any case, send everything. That's what I did to minimize the chance for kick back or delays.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just sent it out today with a copy of the whole trust and the rifle in the schedule. Thanks for all the help.

Feedback Score

Trust questions

If you already have a registered SBR before you create the trust, how do you add the SBR to the trust when you form it?

Thanks

Mike

Feedback Score
    A form 4 and $200.00.
    Peace, Jerry

I don't drink the koolaid

Feedback Score

Trust question

I already paid $200 when I sent in the form one. I already have a registered SBR. Now I want to form a trust. How do I add my already registered to myself SBR to a Trust?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eckersr View Post
    I already paid $200 when I sent in the form one. I already have a registered SBR. Now I want to form a trust. How do I add my already registered to myself SBR to a Trust?
    Yep and when you change ownership you have to register your SBR to the new owner, your trust. Changing ownership requires a Form 4 and guess what, $200.00.
    Peace, Jerry

I don't drink the koolaid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast