Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: XD's.....why do you all hate them so much?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    Your post has awesome content and the histronics have changed my mind! I am now an XD convert. Does anyone want to buy my [wipes tear] Block! Ha ha! Oh, you sir are a foil indeed!

M_P
    Stewie, is that you?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A bit over the top, then?

M_P

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    A bit over the top, then?

M_P
    Not to me, I LOL'd.

Feedback Score
    Basically, who ****in cares. I can find an imperfection in any platform out there but when there is work to be done, you put that shit aside, pick up the tool and use it the best you can. I shot a .32 acp 1903 on Sunday better than I shot an M9 same day and there were so many things about the M9 that I liked and so many things about the 1903 that I despised... Regardless, I set my bias aside, picked up the tool and made successful right and left handed hits back to back on steel at cqc distance. Suprisingly I was more "efficient" and "consistent" with the 1903 over the M9 despite all that I didnt like about it.
    Bottom line, if I need to wack something and there is a hammer lying on the ground I am not going to turn my nose up to it because its not brand X or brand Y or becuase I dont like that particular one becuase of this or that... that is ghey to me.

I have owned an XD since the .45 was released. They have always been a bitch to come by but I was able to get a service model first. I dealt with its imperfections and shot the shyt out of it . I became proficient enough to realize I wanted the 5" tactical instead but those are/were impossible to come by. I was able to secure one through a pawn shop straight from springfield when no one else could. It came in a few mos and I became one of the few who were able to get one here in San Diego county and the surrounding area. Fast forward to now and they(5" .45 tac) are more impossible to come by than ever before. No one can get one to save thier life , not even springfield. So, they must be going somewhere. I was given second hand intel from a guy who had a conversation with an "elite marine" that said XD .45s are one of the platforms getting use "over there"... Someone is getting them and using them and causing the in-availability....
    People hate what they are not willing to deal with and often times life throws shyt at us that dictates the tool and does not allow for options or preferences...
    I sleep well at night knowing that I can utilize any tool I can get my hands on to get the job done... My mind and body is the real weapon and as long as I can think and move I am dangerous regardless of what snap on devices are attached to me...
    One mind, one body, any tool....

GODspeed
    Last edited by BLACK LION; 01-14-10 at 14:08.
    "Everyone has been given a gift in life. Some people have a gift for science and some have a flair for art. And warriors have been given the gift of aggression. They would no more misuse this gift than a doctor would misuse his healing arts, but they yearn for the opportunity to use their gift to help others. These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs. These are our warrior"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACK LION View Post
    .....Bottom line, if I need to wack something and there is a hammer lying on the ground I am not going to turn my nose up to it because its not brand X or brand Y or becuase I dont like that particular one becuase of this or that... .
    Estwing has better ergonomics than that Stanley crap.....

'Sorry, but I had to . Seriously, though, I get your point. Sometimes we argue over the least important stuff. Those that shoot high volume will get the ins and outs of whatever platform they shoot in a short time. Those that don't will be OK with about anything that is decent quality. Most of us would be better off discussing tactics over tools in any case.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the_fallguy View Post
    Estwing has better ergonomics than that Stanley crap.....

'Sorry, but I had to . Seriously, though, I get your point. Sometimes we argue over the least important stuff. Those that shoot high volume will get the ins and outs of whatever platform they shoot in a short time. Those that don't will be OK with about anything that is decent quality. Most of us would be better off discussing tactics over tools in any case.
    I like your sense of humor FG, you picked up on that one well.
    Stanley sux, its all about Snap On...

I agree sincerely with you that we should be discussing tactics over tools because in the end its all about the mind and body...all that time spent playing ring around the rosies whith "this platform is this" and "that platform is that" we are essentially wasting precious time that could be spent learining how to mitigate a threat regardless of the tools on tap... who knows, one of us could encounter a blade wielding meth head after we log off the computer and go our merry way.

Dont get me wrong, there is good info that comes out of positive and negative experience with different platforms but at the same time its thier problem with thier equipment... thier problems may not be my problems or your problems and to tailor to someone elses problems becuase we share a common bond thru the same equipment is enabling a defeatist attitiude. JMHO.
    I hated my XD enough to buy an AR15, Benelli 12ga and a USP .45(lets not mention all the other platforms that I have bought and sold since)but I do not hate it enough to convince myself to replace it with something "better"....
    I have said before that I will bet my life on my XD, not becuase the gun gives me superhuman power but becuase I am confident in my abilities as a butt naked thinking and moving human...pistol or no pistol.
    Last edited by BLACK LION; 01-14-10 at 15:05.
    "Everyone has been given a gift in life. Some people have a gift for science and some have a flair for art. And warriors have been given the gift of aggression. They would no more misuse this gift than a doctor would misuse his healing arts, but they yearn for the opportunity to use their gift to help others. These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs. These are our warrior"

Upstate NY Otsego Lake area, Fl, Carib. & Panama, depending on the sailing season and my mood.
    Feedback Score
    Actually never mind...I retract my observation.
    Last edited by Pathfinder Ops; 01-14-10 at 15:48. Reason: mo reply seemed negative not productive. Sorry.
    Ed Fernley
    Pathfinder Operations
    Semper Primus!

"I'M THE ONE WHO BARKED AT THUNDER, ROARED AT LIGHTENING, MADE DEATH WONDER."

AND

“Wherever I go, everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
    Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.
    Whenever I return home, everyone is happy I am there.
    It's a better life!”- Robert L. Humphrey “Warriors Creed"

"John has a long mustache."

Feedback Score
    My only addition to this thread is "When did Glock put a slide release on their pistols?" I missed that at the last armorers recert class and haven't gotten any notices from them. Guess they don't love me anymore.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACK LION View Post

I agree sincerely with you that we should be discussing tactics over tools because in the end its all about the mind and body...all that time spent playing ring around the rosies whith "this platform is this" and "that platform is that" we are essentially wasting precious time that could be spent learining how to mitigate a threat regardless of the tools on tap... who knows, one of us could encounter a blade wielding meth head after we log off the computer and go our merry way.

Dont get me wrong, there is good info that comes out of positive and negative experience with different platforms but at the same time its thier problem with thier equipment... thier problems may not be my problems or your problems and to tailor to someone elses problems becuase we share a common bond thru the same equipment is enabling a defeatist attitiude. JMHO.
    I hated my XD enough to buy an AR15, Benelli 12ga and a USP .45(lets not mention all the other platforms that I have bought and sold since)but I do not hate it enough to convince myself to replace it with something "better"....
    I have said before that I will bet my life on my XD, not becuase the gun gives me superhuman power but becuase I am confident in my abilities as a butt naked thinking and moving human...pistol or no pistol.
    Come on...you're really counting on learning how to mitigate a threat based on what you read in an internet forum? That's funny. Or maybe scary.
    Internet forums are for discussing things that interest the people on those forums. Whether or not you want to admit it, it's really nothing more than a form of entertainment. Many people enjoy discussing the merits of one brand of gun over another.
    You can always start another thread to discuss how to mitigate a threat regardless of the tools on tap.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    Come on...you're really counting on learning how to mitigate a threat based on what you read in an internet forum? That's funny. Or maybe scary.
    Internet forums are for discussing things that interest the people on those forums. Whether or not you want to admit it, it's really nothing more than a form of entertainment. Many people enjoy discussing the merits of one brand of gun over another.
    You can always start another thread to discuss how to mitigate a threat regardless of the tools on tap.
    dude.. if you're NOT here to better your ability to gunfight, then you dont belong here.

nobody thinks they're "going to learn how" to gunfight on an internet forum- that isn't what this is about.. its about simply discussing the finer points of gunfighting, tactics, experiences, etc- discussion that brings perspective to the group and makes us all think about things we might not have otherwise considered. shared knowledge- that's the purpose of a knowledge base, which is what m4c is. entertainment we get from it is a bonus- not the other way around.

and if you'd look around, you'd quickly realize all this- there are plenty of threads specifically on gunfighting, rather than hardware. i suggest you read more.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast