Thread: Lower Receiver Comparisons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Lower Receiver Comparisons

I thought it might be interesting to have a thread where we post pictures of various lower receivers, stripped, to show some of the variations. I can start with these 6, but I have a couple of others I can add as well. I wanted to get more shots, but the rain started back up (note the wet background in most of these). I do think that it covers the basics of what most people want to see which is markings and magwells. The other things I would typically want to see is the amount of flash left in the triggerguard and a downwar shot through the top. Pretty much what would cover all of this, for those that want to join in, would be shots of top, left, right, and bottom.

So here's what I have.

Charles Daly Defense

Knights Armament

Noveske Rifleworks

Spike's Tactical

Sully's Guns

Superior Arms

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    a lot of people wind up wanting magwell comparisons, so I put them all together.

Daly, Knights, Noveske, Spike's, Sully, Superior
    Last edited by rob_s; 09-05-09 at 14:15.

Feedback Score
    Outstanding Rob....deserves a sticky in the FAQ.
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Larue Tactical billet lower. Not the best pics in the world, as the sun was setting when I took them:

Hopefully I'll actually complete this build sometime soon.
    Last edited by RetreatHell; 09-06-09 at 20:25.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Trying to pin down stripped lower characteristics is kinda like trying to pin down LPK characteristics. It's not possible because it's an ever moving target.

For example, different forging platter batches and mag well broaching machinery changes over time would make same name receivers different over time. We've even seen this with the Colt lowers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I agree, and it's why I left my serial numbers exposed. Some of these lowers go back several years, and I'm sure that the people who stamped them may be buying them from different manufacturers with different specs today.

But, we constantly hear things like "parts is parts" and "all receivers come from 2 or 3 different sources" yet I have seen lowers from the exact same "source" with different rollmarks on them that also have other differences in the way they are finished out.

This certainly isn't going to pin anything down, it's just an interesting repository (potentially) of various types and styles. I'd love to see a newer Superior, or an older Spike's, and see the differences between what I have and what someone else has.