Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Domestic cloned HK416 upper?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    If he is only taking the Titan Defense upper and putting it on one of his lowers, maybe we should discuss Titan Defense now.

I assume Todd is not connected with Titan, and thus they may be producing a quality product.
    Ah, so he's not directly affiliated w/ TD?

That makes me feel a lot better about the company. Being associated w/ Todd, SW, Bobcat, Cohaire, etc, would be a major deal breaker for me (not that I'm necessarily in the market for a GP gun).

Feedback Score
    I've been gathering info on this Titan product since yesterday and it seems to be the case that Todd Baily is licensing Titan's upper technology for Coharie's carbine. Who knows for sure though.

Titan doesn't sell any complete firearms at all.

I wonder if Titan Defense is affiliated with Adam Webber of HKparts.net fame. They are damn close to each other and both dealing with HK related equipment.
    Last edited by variablebinary; 09-02-09 at 12:19.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Looks like the mailing addresses are 2 miles away from each other.

If Adam is running the show, I'll buy with confidence.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    That's cool except for the .065 higher top rail and the complete gun only rule.

Guys with M16's want an upper. I understand HK416's are picky and only like HK trigger groups so sell an upper and a trigger pack.

Some people don't have any use for the lower.

Feedback Score

Question

Any update on the release of the MR556 ? Thanks.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    but he likes to mention others in a negative way in just about every post he makes.
    That seems to have always been his style.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman2000 View Post
    Coharie Arms has Special Weapons old equipment.

Unless she's sold it Coharie Arms was in Wendy Bailey's name. Same players, different name, same old crap.

I wouldn't trust anything with his name attached to it; especially a weapon I may need.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So I was flipping through a Shotgun News last night, and I spied Cohaire Arms' new advert for it's CA416 rifles (which I assume are in fact using TD's uppers).

It's pretty typical of what someone would expect from CA, I'd scan it in if it wasn't already so low-res... Instead, I'll describe:

It shows a graphic of a pagoda with a mushroom cloud coming out of the top, and it's displaying the text "The Most Powerful Weapon On Earth!!! And Look What We Found Inside" . What that means, I've no ****ing clue...

Anywho, it displays one of their upcoming GP rifles with the words "The First And Only No Lube No Clean Weapon Ever Developed". Ummm... right...

It also seems they've trademarked (or are at least indicating that they have) the slogan "Gas Piston Perfection".

I'm anxious to see some reviews of Titan Defense's upper, but I'll be damned if I buy one from CA.

Feedback Score
    HK suing ATI was BS.

If they sued over this I would completely understand though. That said, I wouldn't feel guilty picking an upper up if they run and really are $1200 MSRP.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by poak View Post
    Ah, so he's not directly affiliated w/ TD?
    I was also told by Josh at Titan Defense that Todd Bailey is merely a customer of theirs and has zero connection to Titan Defense itself. No matter what Bailey may have tried to imply on the internet. I gather he has a connection to one of their sub-contractors and that's how he knew so much and spilled beans all over the internet.

Honestly, I find the TD uppers very interesting. I have a friend who got one of the 14.5" uppers to inspect/test and he spoke very highly of it. He is also very familiar with the real deal HK416. The TD uppers are being built to the 416 TDP so that means they have the information needed to build the guns to spec. If I were in the market for another gas piston AR I'd buy one over any of the alternatives. Since they are using the real deal 416 TDP they are by association more tested and proven than the others unless you take into account Internet BS, which I do not.

Like others though, I wonder how long it will take HK to sue them.
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 10-24-09 at 21:51.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    My SIG rep showed me some literature on a rifle they will be releasing in 2010. It is the Sig 516. Apparently Sig has hired the engineer who designed the HK 416. He has refined some things and Sig is set to go into production shortly. Best part is that he said that Individual officer pricing is set to be about $1000. I think it will go public at the Shot Show.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast