Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragonskin FAILS

Feedback Score

Dragonskin FAILS

What a surprise...The following decision from the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals shows that the now apparently defunct Pinnacle Armor LIED about the previously much lauded Dragonskin protective capabilities: http://docs.law.gwu.edu/asbca/decisi...2009/55831.pdf
    Last edited by DocGKR; 08-26-09 at 14:38.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    They apparently did not watch future weapons
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    They apparently did not watch future weapons
    Are you being sarcastic?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is this another test that they ran on Dragon Skin? The last test said it failed too.

Feedback Score
    I wonder where Karl Masters goes to get his good name back after being slandered by Murray Neal and his groupie's. On another note, didn't you test a vest and write a favorable review that was posted on Pinnacle's home site? If it wasn't you than I apologize in advance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotdown View Post
    Is this another test that they ran on Dragon Skin? The last test said it failed too.
    A brief summary of the 12 page document:

Government wanted level III armor.
    Pinnacle said "Yeah, ours is level III"
    Government buys armor from Pinnacle.
    Turns out the armor Pinnacle sold them has only been tested and certified as level IIIa, which is lower that level III.
    All other testing that was done did not adhere to required testing methods for properly determining armor level rating for the government contract.
    That means Pinnacle lied, the dragonskin was only IIIa rated and therefore Pinnacle failed to delivery the requested number of level III armors by requested date.

Obviously from 12 pages to that brief summary, I left some stuff out. Is there anyone else who has read this document? Is this a fair summary?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sounds about right from what I read.
    The Revolution will not be televised.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLSKIP View Post
    Are you being sarcastic?
    Yes I am
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    Karl Masters has served our Nation honorably; he and his family deserve the utmost respect for their sacrifices.

"On another note, didn't you test a vest and write a favorable review that was posted on Pinnacle's home site? If it wasn't you than I apologize in advance."
    In the Fall of 2006, we did do a limited evaluation of the Dragon Skin SOV-2000 level III 10"x12" armor panel for a CA LE agency. This LE agency test used protocols similar to the NIJ Type III flexible armor test protocol; not surprisingly, when tested for the LE agency, the Dragonskin armor performed exactly as it did in the Fall 2006 NIJ certification test--stopping all rated shots. Pinnacle did publish excerpts of these publicly available test results on their website. However, what Pinnacle did not show was the fact that we recommended that the LE agency in question NOT purchase Dragon Skin and instead procure another vendor's armor, as there were too many unanswered questions about Dragon Skin and it needed to undergo substantial additional durability and ballistic testing prior to giving any consideration of using it as a standard issue item. Also note that in every lecture/briefing I have ever given, I have consistently stated that Dragon Skin was NOT an acceptable issue item.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 08-26-09 at 19:36.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for clearing that up. I read your comments on their site at the height of all their B.S. And came away with the impression that you were a supporter. Considering what a lowlife Neal is I suppose that was what he intended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast