Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Trijicon RMR Mounting Options

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Does ADM offer an RMR mount that is 1/3 co-witness or just co-witness (I know an earlier poster said lower 1/3rd but I can only find references to a co-witness offering)?
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 10-04-10 at 21:20.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Does ADM offer an RMR mount that is 1/3 co-witness or just co-witness (I know an earlier poster said lower 1/3rd but I can only find references to a co-witness offering)?
    FYI......spoke with ADM today. RMR mount with 1/3 co-witness height will be available very shortly.

Feedback Score
    As most know the advantage of our SAR (Scope Accessory Ring) is the versatility of mounting your MRDS anywhere on the scope tube where you may need it, not just a 12 o'clock mounting solution.

The most recent Army Quickfire Solicitation actually called out for a MRDS mount solution in the form of a scope mounted ring platform for this very reason. Having a way to "quickly" fire their sniper guns was paramount for sudden close in encounters. The mount needed to have a versatile means of location for many different shooters whether in a high 12 o'clock, 10, 2, or low 4:30 or 7:30 position.

Certain crews we have worked with over the years needed this versatility for their snipers without being locked into static mounting solution. This was key to them if they had to fight to an over-watch position. They always told us they need the ability to position their MRDS anywhere to their advantage.

There are limitations to everything and nothing is perfect unfortunately. Having a rail mounted offset MRDS can also be a limiting factor when shooting prone and if ones turrets are a bit tall these can obstruct some MRDS.

In the case of the ACOG high 12'oclock position, so many crews have been split on this one. Indeed most who wear a respirator really want the high 12 for obvious reasons, where half the others wanted an offset.

When we were approached several years ago to produce our MURLM, it was interesting in our travels at that time to see how split the boys were on offset vs. the high 12 approach. Still like that today, but having the versatility to choose is paramount and that will not change anytime soon.

Vic

P.S. We are going into full production with the RMR SAR. It will be the multi-directional unit seen a few pages back.
    Last edited by Victor; 10-19-10 at 10:12.
    Victor Di Cosola
    sales@tnvc.com
    http://www.tnvc.com
    "Eliminating our adversaries 940nm at a time"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910