Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your Red Dot Zero? 25-50-100 yrds?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CryingWolf View Post
    I zero'd mine at 50 yards. I think this is the sweet spot for non magnified optics.
    +1

Feedback Score

what ''0'' is best ?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor View Post
    Assuming its a 16inch barrel, with average sight over bore height (for an AR15), and pushing approx 3100fps with a 55grain projectile:

Here are the paths for a 25,50,100 yard zero, choose which one is more applicable to your use and go for it:

Red = 25 Yard Zero_____________________Green = 50 Yard Zero____________________Blue = 100 Yard Zero

i use in all my weapons the 50 yard which works best even on scopes -if i know this zero with range reticule it works out very well ...with buis/is the same thing -most social engagements are under 300 yards - for the best marriage of bullet and target is to work out a ballistic pattern of the ammo used like 50 yds zero .

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Does anyone know the exact height over bore for various red dot sights and their mounts? Ive been using 2.5" with a T-1 + LT mount.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor View Post
    Assuming its a 16inch barrel, with average sight over bore height (for an AR15), and pushing approx 3100fps with a 55grain projectile:

Here are the paths for a 25,50,100 yard zero, choose which one is more applicable to your use and go for it:

Red = 25 Yard Zero_____________________Green = 50 Yard Zero____________________Blue = 100 Yard Zero

Greetings from south Looziana.

Here be a complete newbie to ARs who is struggling to understand the 'backside' of several of the charts in this five star go-to-school-thread. To date I've attended one single full day carbine course at Elite Arms Training in Lumberton, Mississippi with a loaner Bushmaster which I fired for look-n-feel at a local range for approximately two hours several days before traveling to school, spent many hours reading several excellent forums, and have recently taken possession of my first personal AR, a Daniel Defense M4. Without doubt the BRD bug has bitten me hard.

Until today I was clearly of the impression that an outbound 25 m zero would reacquire the zero mark approximately 300 meters out, pending round specs and external variables. I'm confused because I do not see anything approximating that relationship in the most of the ballistic charts in this thread. What am I missing? Send help.

Thanks,

Michael, a/k/a Doc
    Non immemor beneficii / Crom a boo / Islam delenda est

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by critterdoc View Post

Here be a complete newbie to ARs who is struggling to understand the 'backside' of several of the charts in this five star go-to-school-thread. To date I've attended one single full day carbine course at Elite Arms Training in Lumberton, Mississippi with a loaner Bushmaster which I fired for look-n-feel at a local range for approximately two hours several days before traveling to school, spent many hours reading several excellent forums, and have recently taken possession of my first personal AR, a Daniel Defense M4. Without doubt the BRD bug has bitten me hard.

Until today I was clearly of the impression that an outbound 25 m zero would reacquire the zero mark approximately 300 meters out, pending round specs and external variables. I'm confused because I do not see anything approximating that relationship in the most of the ballistic charts in this thread. What am I missing? Send help.

Thanks,

Michael, a/k/a Doc
    Here is a chart showing the 33yard zero...the 25 would cross even further out.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...325#post415325

Here is the 25 yard zero shown:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...738#post435738

both in this thread.

Feedback Score
    Both 50 and 100 zeros work; a straight 25 yd zero has no place in the real world... Personally, we generally use a 100 zero on RDS equipped rifles.

Feedback Score
    Coming from a Army shooting background.. this thread is incredibly helpful. I have just been converted to the 50 meter zero.... if the data truly adds up.

Anyone know where I can buy some 50 meter zero targets? I have a ton of army issue 25 meter zero targets.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    50 yard zero, not meter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by critterdoc View Post

Thanks,

Michael, a/k/a Doc
    The confusion is being caused by ammo selection and the fact that these charts are in yards, not meters. These graphs appear to be for M193. A 25m zero with M855 generally results (depending on a number of factors) in a zero at approx 300m.
    Last edited by TexasAg; 09-08-09 at 14:10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spamsammich View Post
    50 yard zero, not meter.
    correction sorry about that, meant yards.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast