Thread: "Full" kit?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    The current research says that a 14g 3.25" catheter without a valve is the most effective.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMedic View Post
    The current research says that a 14g 3.25" catheter without a valve is the most effective.
    Correct. You can perform mutiple needle drills as well if needed so I wouldnt get too caught up in finding a "10G cath". In the end, the individual is getting a chest tube as a needle D just buys you time.

Also, the 2nd and 3rd ICS is ideal but dont be afraid to go to another location, keeping in mind where the heart is. The bottom line is air needs to be evacuated from the chest and so on.
    This line is useless and only takes up space. Im suppose to insert something here to validate my post on this site and/or to make myself look cooool. Rubbish. Im a nobody who loves shooting shit.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just curious, all of the equipment and gear that has been listed, can it stay in a car day in and day out in the summer (or winter) without going bad?

We measured the temperature in two guys trucks last month, they are indentical except one is white and one is black. 140 degrees in the white one and 158 degrees in the black one.

Ba ashame to "think" you have kit but when you need it it is spoiled.

Last edited by ucrt; 08-15-10 at 23:54.

Feedback Score
    ucrt made a valid point that I have been concerned with. If I was a Paramedic or EMT, I would be inclined to transport a comprehensive kit of my profession. For me, space and protected storage within a vehicle is a consideration and I do not like the thought of kicking around an expensive kit exposed to wide environmental conditions. Most of the contents I would probably not use away from home in a prepacked kit. My objective is to have some ability to render appropriate treatment until the arrival of a Paramedic Unit. If money was not an issue, then I would also be inclined to have the best kit that I would routinely rotate or replace.
    sniperbusch

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just some food for thought. If you are a current NREMT card carrier, and you happen to stop at a MVA, ect, keep in mind that you are NOT allowed to do anything more that BLS, unless you call into work and ask to be put on the clock. For you military types (as I am) you cannot work on a PT outside of the gates unless that person is in fact military (not dependant) active duty. But, if you are none of the above, you can do anything you want to a person in need, as long as you felt it was justified. You will be covered under the "Good Samaritan" act...

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMedic View Post
    We carry 14g's in our IFAK's for tension pneumothorax. I've only seen them used once, and all I have to say is God bless medics and all they do.