Thread: Practicing trigger control

Feedback Score

Practicing trigger control

Hi all. I pre-emptively apologize to everyone that will soon roll their eyes to this thread. I just purchased some of the Magpul dummy rounds to practice clearing malfs. and what not. I was just wondering if there was also something available to practice my trigger control. The dumbass that I am, I thought that the dummy rounds would simulate (to some degree) firing a round with everything but the bang and muzzle rise/recoil (i.e. trigger resetting and ejecting the cartridge). Anything like that out there?

Feedback Score
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=36346

$1900 for the air actuated BCG

I practice trigger control by aiming at small distant spot on a wall concentrating on breathing , sight pic and trigger control.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Thomas M-4. From what I 've gleaned from the thread link, the string tied to a doorknob might be the only method I could do. Im not sure if Im understanding correctly, did they tie the other end onto the trigger or onto the assembly inside the lower?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huklbrry View Post
    Thanks Thomas M-4. From what I 've gleaned from the thread link, the string tied to a doorknob might be the only method I could do. Im not sure if Im understanding correctly, did they tie the other end onto the trigger or onto the assembly inside the lower?
    Remove the Charging Handle and tie the knot around the carrier key then tie the other end to something stationary. Then push the rifle forward to pull the bcg back and re-cock the hammer.

I don't do that i just pull the charging handle just far enough back to re-cock the hammer.

Feedback Score
    Thanks again.