Hello All my first post in this section, would like to ask a question on what basic gear should be stored in a Patrol First Aid Kit. I work for the Philadelphia Police Department which does not supply any sort of First Aid Kit so I have to build one from items that can be procured from a Hospital ER or Medical supply on my own dollar. My training comes from the ARC First Responder Training for Law Enforcement so I have a full understanding of the basics of care to a injured person. Now as most of the posters here will know Philadelphia is one "Shoot-em up town" and we have lost several officers in the past two years and had several others shot who survived. My goal is to assist a badly injured officer in any way possible if by gun fire or other means of injury as Trauma hospitals at best are 10 to 15 minutes away. We do have fire medic units but their services are pushed to the breaking point by equipment and personal cut backs so response time can be from 10 to 50 minutes in coming. Most times with gunshot wounds we grab and run for the nearest hospital and apply what ever aid we can while en-route. So heres the question, if you had to build a kit to cover the listed Training/Distance to treatment/Supply source what sort of items would you guys and gals have on hand?

Thank you!
Phila PD