Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling - single point mod

Feedback Score
    great project rob_s! you might want to check out berkelypoint for hardware.
    Last edited by ballistic; 07-08-09 at 17:46.

Feedback Score
    Seems like this would work well for the rear attachment point but they're out of stock.

http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product...pter-strap.cfm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I wish I hadn't clicked that link... There's so many sling options on there I have no idea where to begin now...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Rob,

What motivated you to experiment with a single point sling setup? For your own needs, under what circumstances is the single point config superior to the adjusting two point?

Feedback Score
    +1 on the width - like the setup! Was thinking about something like this myself after watching the Magpul MilspecMonkey clip from Shot on Youtube.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmx1 View Post
    Seems like this would work well for the rear attachment point but they're out of stock.

http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product...pter-strap.cfm
    That might work, but what I really want is a heavy duty QD stitched in on one end, and the 2" circle (or maybe 1.5", gotta try that next,maybe even 1") stitched in on the other.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    Rob,

What motivated you to experiment with a single point sling setup? For your own needs, under what circumstances is the single point config superior to the adjusting two point?
    I actually used a single point on my 16" FAL years ago.

I've been mostly happy with the two-point, but I think what it excels at is actually being slung, not running the gun. The single-point has the opposite problem that it works great for shooting but not so good for slinging. While the two-point does allow for lateral transitions, I find the gymnastics less than ideal for me.

What I like about the MS2 is that it offers the best of both worlds, potentially, but I found some shortcomings in using it myself. Those shortcomings were the narrow width of the strap, as well as the jaws used to change it from one- to two-point, and I wasn't ever really all that thrilled about the snap shackle and ASAP.

I should also mention that it wasn't until I went back to a streamlined and lightweight SBR that I even considered the single-point again. A 10lb (loaded) carbine just doesn't work well for me on a single point regardless of conversion ability.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sounds like a good setup, except I'd want a MASH hook instead of the QD since I'm running the ASAP...

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    That might work, but what I really want is a heavy duty QD stitched in on one end, and the 2" circle (or maybe 1.5", gotta try that next,maybe even 1") stitched in on the other.
    Last edited by CaptainDooley; 07-08-09 at 19:23.

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Still waiting on a price, but the guys here said they could make my version with the MASH clip and what you are looking for with the QD swivel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I think what it excels at is actually being slung, not running the gun. The single-point has the opposite problem that it works great for shooting but not so good for slinging. While the two-point does allow for lateral transitions, I find the gymnastics less than ideal for me.
    Agreed. I believe it was brought up in a previous thread,, the 2point clutters the work space with the Redimag attached as well.

I dug out from the cross space a old vcas sling this weekend for a shoot, and it reminded me how much i hate slings all together, but especially 2 points.

I bumbled my way around reloads for the remainder of the afternoon..thinking up new curse words as I was doing it.
    Last edited by Derek_Connor; 07-08-09 at 20:51.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast