Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling - single point mod

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Interesting to see the evolution of your mod, Rob.

I noticed these pictures elsewhere and thought of your project. I use some Gear Sector products; the modularity of their attachment system presents some interesting options. Here's one that Mr. Trusty pointed out - very similar to what you're trying to accomplish. The Gear Sector two point (GS-2P) is similar to the VTAC in the sense that tightening the sling produces the same 'tail' of excess webbing. However, I understand that an improved GS-2P is on the way that captures the tail much like the Vickers VCAS. Might be an off the shelf solution without DIY mods.

I pretty much use the same setup attachment point wise, but I added a GG&G rear sling thing on the LMT sopmod stock so that I can do a full two point if I need to. IT gives me three attachment points for a long two point, a shorter two point and a single point. All using the HK hooks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I should also say that I specifically did not want QD swivels for the end of the sling that moves. I find them too hard to engage/disengage when going back and forth. The nice thing with the HK snap hook is that once it's un-hooked it is very quick to re-hook, and un-hooking is IMHO faster than the QD swivels. When I'm using this sling at drills night I may go back and forth a dozen or more times in a 4 hour training block, so it starts to add up.
    This one has a pull tab that only works when pulled straight out (so no one can grab it and pull it out).

Here is the video with Stephen Hillard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_zWkkh877E

I know, I know, the video guy is a dumb ass.
    Last edited by Trajan; 04-11-11 at 15:51.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    BFG is suppose to be coming out with a 2-1 point VCAS sling soon. Uses a QD swivel instead of a hook.
    any news on this?

Feedback Score

BLUE FORCE GEAR - Push Button Triglide - 2 To 1 Point Sling

http://www.blueforcegear.com/product...-Triglide.html

Blue Force Gear has added their Push Button Triglide to their New Products section on their site.

"The Pushbutton triglide adapter allows the user to easily convert a two point sling in to a one point sling. Most of our Vickers Combat Applications Slings (VCAS) can be used with the push button triglide. Push button(QD swivel) and sling sold separately. This adapter does not work with our Vickers Push Button Slings but does work with our Vickers DDM4 Sling."

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOUNT-N-SLOT View Post
    http://www.blueforcegear.com/product...-Triglide.html

Blue Force Gear has added their Push Button Triglide to their New Products section on their site.

"The Pushbutton triglide adapter allows the user to easily convert a two point sling in to a one point sling. Most of our Vickers Combat Applications Slings (VCAS) can be used with the push button triglide. Push button(QD swivel) and sling sold separately. This adapter does not work with our Vickers Push Button Slings but does work with our Vickers DDM4 Sling."

MOUNT-N-SLOT
    Any chance an HK style (ITW) could work with that? Photos make the QD cup look pretty thin.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617