Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling - single point mod

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Is a 1/2 transition practical using all QD hardware?
    If you mean like this, my answer is no.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    HeavyDuty:

You might want to look at rob_s' and gfelber's creations at the following link when it comes to MOE handguard setups:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=36421

As for 1/2 connection points, BFG makes something that may fit your requirements. I can't find it on their website, but someone in this thread referenced this:

http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product...pter-strap.cfm

Hope this helps.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Pictures suck, I know, but you get the idea. I just took the tail off of my MS2 and married it to my padded VCAS. I've got an H&K snap hook coming monday, so it'll replace the carabiner.

This setup hangs way low on me, as I'm a skinny Mfer and cant get the sling to cinch tight enough on me. I figured I'd throw another option out there for the guys who have both slings. I didnt have to cut anything, which is really nice.

Now just imagine that the carbiner in the pics is an H&K snap hook.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Lots of great ideas here. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Doing something similar right now with a LaRue padded sling.
    If It works out for me, I'll post photos and a description of what I did.
    As promised, I've assembled the parts and everything now works as I intended it.

My project was a 2-point LaRue Tactical 810-005 trigger snap sling being mounted on my SPR.
    The easy way out would have been to put a QD jumbo snap in the hole provided on the LaRue hand guard, and just snap a trigger snap to it. But... I didn't like that because it would have been a sloppy solution.

What I ended up doing was to go to UrbanERTslings.com http://www.urbanertslings.com/ursiposlla.html and sourced a couple of parts.

I bought p/n UERT-0-04 (QD Jumbo Button Adapter) and p/n 0-GTSR-F (Female Side Release Buckle) and replaced the LaRue parts with the Urban ERT Slings parts on the front. In the rear, I simply used the LaRue trigger snap on the A2 stock sling point.

This gives me a solid mounting front and rear, while still allowing me to drop the sling quickly while getting ready for the shot.

Worked for me.

Here are the LaRue Parts that I removed from the forward sling point.

These are the Urban ERT Slings parts that replaced the LaRue parts.

And this is the completed hybrid.

Last edited by Mega; 11-13-09 at 21:35.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Mega, I'm not sure I would like the stock attachment setup...too low, and stock sling loop with snap hook, seem like it would be uncomfortable, and or hang up on the shoulder. Have you tried this out yet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo45 View Post
    Mega, I'm not sure I would like the stock attachment setup...too low, and stock sling loop with snap hook, seem like it would be uncomfortable, and or hang up on the shoulder. Have you tried this out yet?
    I have, but only here at the ranch. I have not had it to the range yet.

The purpose of the sling on my SPR is just to transport the rifle to and from my shooting point. When I get to my spot, the sling comes off. That is why I wanted something that was quick and easy to remove. The trigger snap on the A2 stock and the QD button (or the side release buckle) up front makes that possible.

I do have a Viking Tactics A2 butt stock adapter (p/n VTAC-MK3-OD-LRG) that I plan to try to see if I like that attachment point better on the stock, but I still plan on using the trigger snap connection.
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/VTAC-...or%20black.htm

The VTAC slings that I have on my CQB carbine and my Mossy 590 shottie stay on the weapons all the time, but this sling is only meant for transport.
    When I get down to business, it comes off.
    Last edited by Mega; 11-14-09 at 12:13.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If you mean like this, my answer is no.

Rob, can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    HeavyDuty:

You might want to look at rob_s' and gfelber's creations at the following link when it comes to MOE handguard setups:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=36421

As for 1/2 connection points, BFG makes something that may fit your requirements. I can't find it on their website, but someone in this thread referenced this:

http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product...pter-strap.cfm

Hope this helps.
    Thanks! I'm trying to figure out that BFG adapter, and I really like how gfelber's HG turned out:

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thanks! I'm trying to figure out that BFG adapter, and I really like how gfelber's HG turned out:

I was looking to do something similar, but maybe a bit lower profile, and with the rigid mounting point at the front of the MOE, not the back. What is this piece in the pic? A custom, or hardware store job? I am interested.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    I have, but only here at the ranch. I have not had it to the range yet.

The purpose of the sling on my SPR is just to transport the rifle to and from my shooting point. When I get to my spot, the sling comes off. That is why I wanted something that was quick and easy to remove. The trigger snap on the A2 stock and the QD button (or the side release buckle) up front makes that possible.

I do have a Viking Tactics A2 butt stock adapter (p/n VTAC-MK3-OD-LRG) that I plan to try to see if I like that attachment point better on the stock, but I still plan on using the trigger snap connection.
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/VTAC-...or%20black.htm

The VTAC slings that I have on my CQB carbine and my Mossy 590 shottie stay on the weapons all the time, but this sling is only meant for transport.
    When I get down to business, it comes off.
    Ah, that makes sense, if its primary purpose if for transport. Yes, that stock sling adapter you posted a link to, came to mind as an option when I saw your setup. You might like that better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo45 View Post
    Ah, that makes sense, if its primary purpose if for transport. Yes, that stock sling adapter you posted a link to, came to mind as an option when I saw your setup. You might like that better.
    Thanks for the nudge. I put it on and it feels good.

Last edited by Mega; 11-14-09 at 13:02.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast