Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling - single point mod

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Here's what I did. Didn't care for the hardware on the MS2. I bought the attachments from here: http://www.urbanertslings.com/ursiposlla.html
    I added a CLOSE QUARTER ADAPTER (C.Q.A.) MASH HOOK (with metal ring), one mash hook, and a female side release buckle to set up the sling.

Last edited by ArmaGlock; 10-07-09 at 21:13.
    Glock Armorer

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker53 View Post
    Rob I was wondering if you ever continued to modify your strap?
    I think I have a setup now that I really like and am hoping to photograph it and get some pictures up this weekend.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I think I have a setup now that I really like and am hoping to photograph it and get some pictures up this weekend.
    Rob other than your hand guard situation, I don't see how you could improve much on the sling design. I think you have a great idea. I currently own both the vcas A non-padded and padded sling. Curious to see how a padded sling would work for this configuration.

I spoke with BFG (Edwin), He is going to let me know if he can make me a lead like they made for you. If they won't. I found this setup. I could just remove the male clip end.

Attachment 3381

My only concern would be the quality of the strap compared to BFG. I'd rather have the BFG. If they won't make it for me I can always buy material from them and take it to the local shoe repair for stitching.

I am going to hold off until you post some pictures. Thanks again for your response

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That looks like it would work. Some might argue that you should even leave the clip end and incorporate a buckle into the system so that you have a quick release if you ever needed to release the carbine in a hurry in case you were shot, fell into water, or got tangled in something or someone. Food for thought.

If you order one, have them ship one to me too.

(in seriousness, where is that from?)
    Last edited by rob_s; 10-08-09 at 11:24.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    That looks like it would work. Some might argue that you should even leave the clip end and incorporate a buckle into the system so that you have a quick release if you ever needed to release the carbine in a hurry in case you were shot, fell into water, or got tangled in something or someone. Food for thought.

If you order one, have them ship one to me too.

(in seriousness, where is that from?)
    Your thoughts have crossed my mined however it seems it would make the rifle to low. Maybe not with the padded version. A friend of mine has the BFG padded version with the QD's sewn right on. We tried his sling and at least for me if we took out the stitching we could buy the adapters from BFG and have them sewn back on. Actually when I recieved the email from them it was suggested if I had not purchased a sling yet why not allow them to just do the mod's for me. I believe that's the delay in getting back to me. They are trying to figure out a good solution for me as well as themselves. I just bought a sling from them so I am sure they would allow an exchange. Haven't used it.

Feedback Score
    What about even simpler: using the MI mount and simply pluging both ends of the two point sling with the socket swivels into two different holes. then just a push of the button on the swivel and plug it in a rail adaptor to convert to two point.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...product_id=952

Mule

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    SS45, I don't like using the QD swivels that way as I don't think they are QD enough for the back and forth role.

However IF I was going to go that route, I'd use the Tango Down PR-4 as it has a QD at the rear that you could leave the one end of the sling attached to, and one on the side that you could use for the end of the sling that you move back and forth.

The other problem with this solution is that you don't get good two-point interface without the tail on the one-point. I keep trying for a shorter and shorter tail but the shorter the tail you have in a one-point the less space you have inside the sling when you go to two-point. I have struck what I find to be a good balance for me and my body size/type, but as your girth increases so does the need for that tail.

I am hopeful that BFG will add my custom pieces to their regular catalog, and with that and the HK hook you have everything you need to have my setup (provided that you have a rear QD mounting point).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker53 View Post
    Your thoughts have crossed my mined however it seems it would make the rifle to low. Maybe not with the padded version. A friend of mine has the BFG padded version with the QD's sewn right on. We tried his sling and at least for me if we took out the stitching we could buy the adapters from BFG and have them sewn back on. Actually when I recieved the email from them it was suggested if I had not purchased a sling yet why not allow them to just do the mod's for me. I believe that's the delay in getting back to me. They are trying to figure out a good solution for me as well as themselves. I just bought a sling from them so I am sure they would allow an exchange. Haven't used it.
    The piece you posted shouldn't affect the length of the sling. The picture keeps coming in and out, but if you can provide a link to it instead of a picture I'll order one and work it into my system to see how it flushes out.

Feedback Score
    SS45, I don't like using the QD swivels that way as I don't think they are QD enough for the back and forth role.

However IF I was going to go that route, I'd use the Tango Down PR-4 as it has a QD at the rear that you could leave the one end of the sling attached to, and one on the side that you could use for the end of the sling that you move back and forth.

The other problem with this solution is that you don't get good two-point interface without the tail on the one-point. I keep trying for a shorter and shorter tail but the shorter the tail you have in a one-point the less space you have inside the sling when you go to two-point. I have struck what I find to be a good balance for me and my body size/type, but as your girth increases so does the need for that tail.

I am hopeful that BFG will add my custom pieces to their regular catalog, and with that and the HK hook you have everything you need to have my setup (provided that you have a rear QD mounting point).
    My thought was to have one QD at the rear facing position and one on the support side and then a rail socket on the support side for the two point conversion. I had not considered the lenght issuebut can't you just adjust the length with the slide adjust? I'm probably going to try this with a vtac sling but I also have a vickers to play with as well.

Mule
    Last edited by SingleStacker45; 10-09-09 at 09:08. Reason: addition

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The piece you posted shouldn't affect the length of the sling. The picture keeps coming in and out, but if you can provide a link to it instead of a picture I'll order one and work it into my system to see how it flushes out.

Rob
    per your Request: http://www.urbanertslings.com/ursiposlla.html

ATTN: For link above: You may need to use Internet Explorer to get site to work right. Firefox works but not all the pop-ups show right. Maybe that's why the picture doesn't always show for you.

SS45 and anyone else. I am sure we all have good idea. I am going to stick with Rob's design . It's an MS2 but with better quality parts. I liked the MS2 design. I just didn't like the skinny little straps and the snap hook seemed like a pain. I do quite a bit of Cold Weather shooting. In the 20's or colder. With Gloves on the MS2 hook would be next to impossible.

Rob have you found the plastic side release parts to be a universal fit from one company to the next. Would these items from BFG below most likely work with the item above from Urban.

http://www.blueforcegear.com/product...d=&prod_id=153

http://www.blueforcegear.com/product...d=&prod_id=155

As stated before I think your idea hits the nail on the head. My only variation is my handguard to from Larue so the 2 point attachment is less of a problem. At least I think it is.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. Very helpful

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast