Thread: Field Improvised Fixes, whats yours?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    I specialize in gear, so i suppose ill give my two cents on field improvised fixes for gear.
    important tools to note:

>Speedy Stitcher Sewing Awl (Great heavy duty sewing needle for sewing Canvas or 500/1000D cordura
    >Shoe goo (Its rubber glue that can glue fabric together like super glue)
    >Some 500D cordura as well as some waterproof poncho (Patching holes)
    >550 Paracord (Pretty obvious)
    >100 MPH tape
    >Assorted zip ties

With shoe goo, you can patch holes in packs by sandwiching 500D cordura between the hole.
    With the sewing awl, you can patch tears in packs, then using 500D and shoe goo you may then further patch it up.
    You can use waterproof poncho liner with shoe goo, then taped with 100 MPH tape for patching tents
    With tape, zip ties and 550 cord, I think i can combine any two things and make them function together.
    Great for tying kit together, or repurposing kit that has broken.
    Keep some 50/50 nyco ripstop around if you want to fix clothing, shoe goo is a great way to patch clothing with using 50/50 nyco.
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My favorite has always been jump starting dead car battery with Aspirin.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    My favorite has always been jump starting dead car battery with Aspirin.
    use non-coated aspirin for this, coated doesn't work.

Battery cable ends get stretched? Especially on late model where you have to purchase a costly factory cable to replace it?

Get std copper water pipe, cut a length to fit the height of the battery terminal, cut the piece lengthwise, slide it over the terminal. A shim for the cable end to tighten it back up.