Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality As Good As......

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Answers are below.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Gunz,

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why do you guys keep purchasing Bushmasters? I've read numerous posts of yours detailing various issues you've had with them (including reaming a couple hundred chambers). So why keep going back for more?

We don't buy more Bushmasters. But, in order to maintain configuration similarities and standardization we go back to the OEM whenever possible. In this situation Bushmaster actually makes this set up exactly as it needs to be to fit our weapons.

I'm assuming it's as simple as a contract issue, but if that's the case, can't you exert any influence over Bushmaster to at least raise their standards for you and your guys?

Bushmaster generally doesn't care because in the bigger picture this one time purchase of xxx carbines is small potatos. If you contact them and bring up issues like non or batch tested barrel and bolt HP/ MPI testing you will hear deafening silence.

I know it's probably just wishful thinking, but I'm curious.

And speaking of earlier problems you've had, did you have to ream these chambers or were they actually 5.56?

Those pics will be getting posted later as well. Surprise, surprise the chambers were tights as well.

I hope they treat you well once you tune them to your needs.
    Last edited by Iraqgunz; 05-11-09 at 12:10.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score

As good as . . .

A pic is worth 1k words. Thanks for posting that.

Feedback Score
    Who sells the top quality barrels for under $200? It shouldn't come as a surprise a $200 part isn't up to the standards of a $300+ part.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    BUT BUT BUT You Colt/LMT Fanboys are assholes!

(The above post is sarcasm....if you agreed with it, TOS is that way----------------------------->)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LMT doesn't park under the FSB either. Where's the LMT hate?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beavo451 View Post
    AND they don't use the taper pins on the FSB.... I'd buy an LMT though... But it would be relegated to the practice squad.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beavo451 View Post
    It's offset by the everything else they do right, unlike others.

Feedback Score
    You guys just drizzle oil all around the front sight base to help slow that down?

Feedback Score
    whoa! that's scary.

From where I am at... bushmaster seems popular. I think it's because of publicity. they say " IT'S a BUSHMASTER!" and I say... so?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tweakmeister View Post
    You guys just drizzle oil all around the front sight base to help slow that down?
    Yeap a few drops of CLP helps dramatically...if not the brown fuzzy monster will pay you a visit.
    I have not seen any issues with my LMT showing rust from under the FSB yet and its been out in some nasty wet/humid weather alot recently..I did see the brown dust show up on the barrel on a older Armalite with a clamp on A2 FSB everytime it was shot.So I make a habit to oil the area on all regardless.
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast