Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cruiser-style rack for the home?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Cruiser-style rack for the home?

I searched but couldn't really find anything...

Those of you who keep an AR for HD, do any of you use a cruiser-style rack in the home to keep the rifle close at hand and ready to use?

I have two kids in the house so if it's not in the safe, it has to either be on my person or in some other way secured, so I was thinking that this style rack would be useful for keeping it nearby and ready instead of buried in my closet... What do you guys think and/or use?

Also... I've ready pages and pages of hot debate about how to store the actual AR, so let's just not go there, okay?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Have you considered being armed (i.e., wearing your pistol/revolver) in your house?
    Last edited by NoBody; 05-04-09 at 07:53.

Feedback Score
    so let's just not go there, okay?
    in that case, i personally can not reveal my secrets, posts like this just smacks of intell gathering for the eventual confiscation of our weapons by this communistic administration..., so i will not go there !!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I do carry a sidearm in the house. I was wanting some options on how to keep a rifle ready for use, because if I have the time, I'd much rather have a long arm than a pistol... As for whether or not it's a good idea from a DA/Jury stand point, I've already considered that and I only care that my family is alive. If I get hit by home invaders, I really don't give two shits what a jury thinks as long as my family is alive.

Also... My children are 2 years old and a newborn. The two year old can get into anything and everything that's not locked up. The newborn isn't really a worry right now, but as I said... the 2 year old can climb and manipulate anything she has the strength for, and I'm not going to keep it unlocked and just hope she doesn't find it. She will know how to safely be around firearms as she is old enough to understand the importance of said safety.

Aw, Old Navy Guy... I'm the furthest thing from what you have to worry about, honest!
    Last edited by CaptainDooley; 05-02-09 at 09:35.

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    It's never too soon to teach your children. I have zero concern about my kids...it's their friends.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thank you NoBody for your opinion. Do you have any actual on-topic advice? I can handle parenting and risk assessment (in fact I've alrready figured that out in this instance).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Have you checked out a police supply company like streichers?
    http://www.streichers.com/ProductLis...gory=GUN_RACKS

I don't have any experience with these, but they seem like lightyears ahead of Humvee rifle racks. One of these could be a good choice placed inside a broom closet or somewhere slightly out of sight.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Go to Lowes and buy a couple of garage wall-mounted hooks. Use some electrical tape to prevent marring of your rifle (unless you're like many of us and not too concerned about looks), and then mount it above the doorway of your closet or pantry.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hey NoBody... NOBODY asked you to crap on my thread. You're giving advice I don't need and didn't ask for.

I have a plan for how to introduce my kids to firearms and have already started with the 2 year old.

I have a CHL and reviewed all of the laws in Texas and my town multiple times and have made AN EDUCATED DECISION about how to defend my home. Besides I thought this was M4Carbine.net, not "Please don't piss off a DA/JURY when you defend your life.net" Am I the only person here who desires to keep a long arm for home defense? I think not.

Furthermore, my wife does not have access to a sidearm while I am out of the home as we currently only own one. Regardless of whether I am home or not, she is far and away more comfortable with a long arm (specifically the AK) than the pistol any way - so SHE needs access to a long arm. As time permits she will be getting plenty of trigger/manipulation time with the AR so we are both comfortable with a weapon that will be in the house all the time and will be ready for use if the need arises.

If you require any more justification for MY CHOICE, please, just mumble to yourself and make up whatever answers you want me to say because I'm done with this line of discussion.

NOW, does anyone have anything constructive to the original question to add?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Plato - I briefly looked at stuff like that, but wasn't sure what I should be looking at using if I wanted to go this route... I was kinda hoping someone could weigh in with some opinions based on usage, or even alternative means to arrive as the same ends?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast