Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Stripped Lowers

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've used 2 Aero Precision lowers on builds. I have no complaints. That link for Dans Ammo is an excellent price.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I've used two Armalite lowers for builds. Had no problems. Fit and finish mated well to LMT and unmarked Noveske uppers. They were cheap, available during the post election hysteria and I liked the roll mark.

Feedback Score
    Mega, flawless....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

AR lower

After reading all the remarks about lowers I have not seen anything neg. about the Kaiser or PWA lowers both are very clean forging and I believe will make a clean lower build for my 6.8 Noveske upper.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So, people keep talking about "there are only 4 AR lower mfgr" etc, but are they talking about forgings, or finished receivers? I suspect that the final machining and finishing of the receiver is vastly more important than who forged it, and my bet is the top mfgrs do there own finish work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdan View Post
    After reading all the remarks about lowers I have not seen anything neg. about the Kaiser or PWA lowers both are very clean forging and I believe will make a clean lower build for my 6.8 Noveske upper.
    I've used two Kaisers, and have nothing but good to say. I've never heard anything bad about them. One has a DD LPK with LMT selector and bolt catch, the other has a G&R parts kit with the same.

The only thing I would consider now is that you could buy a BCM or LMT complete lower and have a superior parts kit to almost anything you would put together in the same price range. G&R's custom Daniel Defense lowers are also a great value.

A good lower is only as good as the LPK you have in it. I have to question people that buy whatever "supercool billet lower" only to fill it with a garbage DPMS or Model 1 parts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    So, people keep talking about "there are only 4 AR lower mfgr" etc, but are they talking about forgings, or finished receivers? I suspect that the final machining and finishing of the receiver is vastly more important than who forged it, and my bet is the top mfgrs do there own finish work.
    Don't forget inspection and quality control. Two companies may get all of their lowers from the same MFG, but one will sell all of them without a second glance while the other may send some back to the MFG for issues after a thorough QC check.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910