Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: H&K LEM?

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by varoadking View Post
    Light LEM is a terrific system...though I'm not much on the V2 LEM...
    I have not shot the light LEM. However, since it uses the same trigger return spring as the DA/SA variants, I have to assume the trigger reset force leaves a bit to be desired. One of these days I should be receiving the replacement firing pin block spring to switch mine from a 7.5# V2 to a 6# V4. But I'm not altogether upset with the V2 as it is now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I have not shot the light LEM. However, since it uses the same trigger return spring as the DA/SA variants, I have to assume the trigger reset force leaves a bit to be desired. One of these days I should be receiving the replacement firing pin block spring to switch mine from a 7.5# V2 to a 6# V4. But I'm not altogether upset with the V2 as it is now.

The spring does not force you to the reset as you have correctly assumed, but the reset is so very short - well short of the V2 LEM - that it's a non-issue for me...

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by varoadking View Post
    The spring does not force you to the reset as you have correctly assumed, but the reset is so very short - well short of the V2 LEM - that it's a non-issue for me...
    You're saying the "light" version (which is V1, I believe) has a shorter reset? I thought it was achieved simply by changing the trigger return and firing pin block springs.

Feedback Score
    Regardless of spring configuration, the reset point on the P2000/P30s do not change. The HK45 and USP .45 Compact that I have pawed all had shorter resets than my P2000/P30. My USP Compact-Tactical in particular was factory-equipped with the light LEM and, as Varoadking states, the light trigger return spring isn't so much a handicap on account of the shorter reset.

Varoadking, which pistol are you referring to with the light LEM?

Tim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123