Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Officer Safety: Smith & Wesson M&P pistols

Feedback Score
    To be fair, it sounds more like manufacturing defect than something inherently wrong with the design itself. A bad batch of guns. For a pistol design to screw up that badly we would have heard issues sooner than this. Even a Glock 17 manufactured poorly can poop the bed.

But yeah, it sucks. This is S&W's opportunity to win back LEO's again. Then this happens.
    Last edited by Ian111; 04-29-09 at 19:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Doesn't surprise me at all - I tried to like the M&P - bought 2, both in 9mm, 1 a full size and 1 a compact - neither were reliable, sold them both.

Will I EVER buy another S&W semi auto pistol again? Nope.
    Last edited by forgiven; 04-29-09 at 19:26.

Feedback Score
    Beretta's (relatively) new 90two uses an integral recoil buffer to prolong service life in the .40 cal version. Guess the round was a bit hard on the basic 92 design.

Feedback Score
    The superior egonomics of the M&P and the good performance of so many individual guns quickly created a rush to endorse. Takes time to get a lot of guns in service and a lot of rounds through a lot of guns. I was sorely tempted but stuck with my battery of 6 Glock 9mm's, largely because I didn't want to have to invest in different mags and holsters, for maybe a small incremental advantage. This WILL be interesting HOPL.
    Last edited by JHC; 04-29-09 at 19:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I feel sorry for those poor bastards...no way in hell I'd want to carry a 92FS...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    And I was just about to buy one tomorrow before the magazine offer expires... probably will anyway

Feedback Score
    Varo - I'm pretty sure Glocks in a variety of calibers are also options for them.
    But the 92 FS is a pretty sweet pistola too IMO.

Feedback Score
    I've broken 2 striker assemblies the full size 45 early on, but that was from dry firing without snap caps. Since then, the other 3 M&Ps (40, 9mm Full Size and 9c) a few FTFs on the 9c, using the harder, berden primers on Wolf ammo. The 9 Full Size runs like a champ. But, I only have about 4K rounds through each one. I maybe singing a different tune once I approach the 10K mark......Note to self, trade up at 9K!
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The high round testing that Todd did seemed pretty impressive to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris2163 View Post
    I've broken 2 striker assemblies the full size 45 early on, but that was from dry firing without snap caps. Since then, the other 3 M&Ps (40, 9mm Full Size and 9c) a few FTFs on the 9c, using the harder, berden primers on Wolf ammo. The 9 Full Size runs like a champ. But, I only have about 4K rounds through each one. I maybe singing a different tune once I approach the 10K mark......Note to self, trade up at 9K!
    I didn't think dry firing was an issue with center-fire weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by irishluck73
    The high round testing that Todd did seemed pretty impressive to me.
    I agree

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast