Having recently seen some very well done Detonics customs, I was curious and asked my gunsmith buddies if that was something they might consider doing. I haven't owned a Detonics since I sold a Seecamp conversion one (I know, I know...I was young and stupid) years ago.

Well, not only could it be done but they had done about a dozen of them over the course of the past 15 years or so. Since I never asked, I never knew. What really put the cherry on top was that with the recent opening of their new shop, it was early in the gunsmithing queue and this was done in weeks

This is an original Detonics. The work consists of Novak night sights, serrated slide top, 20 lpi frontstrap, 3.5 pound trigger, reliability package and black oxide finish.

The big work was the making of a functional beavertail safety, nicely blended in, a custom barrel (I believe it started its life as a Colt Officer's barrel) and a really well done single port comp, machined out of a block of steel.

This is a very sweet carry gun or I suppose you could also use it as a BUG if you were so inclined.

As always, I want to thank my friends Jody and John at JOJO's Gunworks in Southington, CT for their awesome custom work. Enjoy.