Thread: Pressure signs?

Feedback Score

Pressure signs?

Trying out n350 in my springfield trp operator. Looking on vihtavuori's website it says for a 230 gr jacketed bullet 6.7-7.2 grs. My bullet of choice is the 230gr jhp from rainier. I loaded up one of each using mixed cases and cci large pistol here are the fired cases the nickel case is 6.7 then it's in one grain increments to 7.2grs.
    At 7.2 it doesn't look like any pressure signs to me, what say you? One thing I don't like this powder seems a little dirty compared to the wst. My go to powder is wst, wanted to try something new.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you are within the recommended charge weight range and not seeing flat primers, you should be good to go.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I just checked some once fired factory loaded .45 auto and put a 6 inch steel rule across the base of the case. All the primers were flush or just protruding enough to barely see daylight. Meaning if the primers are protruding above the base of the case your load is not generating enough pressure to force the case back against the bolt face.

All my lite practice loads have the primer protruding and as the pressure increases the primers become flush and then start to flatten. I might be wrong but your primers look like they are protruding above the base of the case. But this might just be the way the light is hitting your primers. Your workup loads should have your 6.7 charge protruding more than the final 7.2 charge.

Bottom line, I always keep a few factory loaded once fired cases to compare my reloads to

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I just go straight to published max for non-magnum pistol loads. I'm sure you're fine.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Ran 5 shot groups at 25 yds and think I have to charges to test again.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk