Thread: My new S&W M&P15X (EDIT: Pics Added)

Feedback Score

My new S&W M&P15X (EDIT: Pics Added)

Well I could hold out no longer. I really wanted an LWRC but they were out of my price range so I picked up a S&W M&P15X.

Nice rifle and I think it will be very happy here. Only thing is I can hear it saying..."Need accessories, need accessories". Is this normal?
    Edit:

At first it was saying.."Need Accessories", then "Feed Me", and now the damn thing is calling out..."EOTECH, EOTECH".

" SKU: 811008
    Model: M&P15
    Caliber: 5.56 mm NATO / .223
    Capacity: 30 Rounds - Detachable Mag
    Action: Semi-Auto
    Barrel Length: 16"
    Barrel Twist: 1 in 9"
    Front Sight: A2 Post
    Rear Sight: Troy Folding Battle Sight
    Overall Length: 35" Extended/32" Collapsed
    Stock: 6 Position CAR Stock
    Weight: 6.5 lbs.
    Barrel Material: 4140 Steel
    Receiver Material: 7075 T6 Aluminum
    Finish: Hard Coat Black Anodized
    Chromed Comp: Barrel Bore, Gas Key Bolt Carrier, Chamber
    4 Rail Tactical Hand Guard "

Last edited by SiGfever; 04-05-09 at 13:54.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post

Nice rifle and I think it will be very happy here. Only thing is I can hear it saying..."Need accessories, need accessories". Is this normal?
    Edit:

At first it was saying.."Need Accessories", then "Feed Me", and now the damn thing is calling out..."EOTECH, EOTECH".
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=28658

Go shoot it

Feedback Score
    The SMITH&WESSON M&P IS A GREAT WEAPON. You will be happy with it.

Feedback Score
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago, its now my wife's. She loves it. Shot it 300rds no problems with shooting. How is the rail on yours?The rail was a littlt loose(1/8 or so wobble) on mine so I emailed Smith and I was told it should be tight, so they have it for now. Fast C/S response. Should be back in a week or to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MAUSER202 View Post
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago, its now my wife's. She loves it. Shot it 300rds no problems with shooting. How is the rail on yours?The rail was a littlt loose(1/8 or so wobble) on mine so I emailed Smith and I was told it should be tight, so they have it for now. Fast C/S response. Should be back in a week or to.
    Mine is very tight. I look forward to shooting the rifle tomorrow. I just have a few rounds for now, waiting on my GA shipment.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    Mine is very tight. I look forward to shooting the rifle tomorrow. I just have a few rounds for now, waiting on my GA shipment.

Thats good to hear. Mine was very consistant in its grouping too, was using 55grn privi. Good luck shooting it tomorrow. The sites on mine only required a small windage adjustment, then they were dead on.

Feedback Score
    Well I took it out and only had forty rounds to put down range approx 45yds (waiting on shipment of ammo). This is my back yard and my first time shooting an AR and it was with iron sights kneeling, resting on a small (too damn small) table. At my age (55) the eyes aren't what they used to be so I had to use my Bushnell binoculars to see what I shot. I think with some practice I can improve.

Last edited by SiGfever; 04-09-09 at 17:40.
    - George Washington