Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: introductions and Member Info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight-ER-Doc View Post
    Good day...I thought this might be a good first post for me.

I'm an Emergency Physician. I used to work in a major urban trauma center/teaching hospital as an ED attending and faculty member, now I work in a fairly small town ED in rural America. I'm also the medical director for our multi-county EMS agency and the local county FD. I also participate in one or two medical missionary trips a year, either Africa or S. America.

I'm a former fighter pilot, retired USAF, I used to be a paramedic back in the dawn of time, and am involved in SAR.

Originally I came here because I want to get some NFA weapons, and saw this sub. If I can answer any questions, I'll give it a shot. Of course, while I'm a physician, I'm not YOUR physician so no medical advice is offered.
    Welcome.

Can you help me out? I have this foul-smelling ooze.....

Just kidding....

Feedback Score
    Paramedic, Firefighter, LEO

Feedback Score
    Very basic stuff compared to some but here goes:

EFR (Emergency First Response): Emergency First Aid, CPR, and AED for Infants, Children, and Adults.

EFR: O2 Provider
    Last edited by MikeT; 12-10-11 at 23:56.

Feedback Score
    NREMT-I
    EMD - Dispatcher (emergency medical dispatch)
    Completed EMT-P; taking NR (Texas requires it for state cert., it's not my favorite test, I'd rather have an enema than take that test.)

I have worked for a private ambulance service, in the ER, and currently work for a 911 service.

My job requires all personel to be ACLS, PALS, PHTLS and EMD (only of dispatching) certified. Also hold my CPR instructor, finishing up my PALS/ACLS instructor.
    ”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” ~ George Washington

”The right of the people to keep and bear…arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country…” ~ James Madison

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmacdaddy View Post
    NREMT-I
    EMD - Dispatcher (emergency medical dispatch)
    Completed EMT-P; taking NR (Texas requires it for state cert., it's not my favorite test, I'd rather have an enema than take that test.)

I have worked for a private ambulance service, in the ER, and currently work for a 911 service.

My job requires all personel to be ACLS, PALS, PHTLS and EMD (only of dispatching) certified. Also hold my CPR instructor, finishing up my PALS/ACLS instructor.
    Nice I've been an EMT for like 12 years I just got my EMD stuff done this week, been working for AMR Sacramento as a call take for a few months now, I should be dispatching here in the next few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLYDYNAMIC View Post
    That is frozen Vodka.................... they were out of the "on the rocks".....................

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, a quick intro.

Active duty Norwegian Army. I have the following courses:

Qualified First Aid (Level 2)
    Advanced First Aid (Level 3)

These are the standard courses we run in the Norwegian Army, with everyone geting Level 2 training, and Medics getting Level 3 Training.

Patrol Medic Course (ISTC Pfüllendorf)
    TCCC course

Also deployed as a squad medic to Kosovo and as my mentor teams medic in an OMLT in Afghanistan.

I am very interested in first aid, and looks like there is a good opportunity to learn some stuff here.

Feedback Score
    EMTP for the last 4 yrs. Work in a semi rural city; a little slower than the big city life. Cross training for the local PD.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Past-
    Search & Rescue Medical Team Leader
    Search & Rescue Technical Rescue Team Captain
    Volunteer FF/EMT-B

Current-
    L.E.O.
    S.W.A.T. Operator
    S.E.A.L.S. (Special Events Advanced Life Support)
    NREMT EMT-B

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I did a good bit of time in the Army as an Infantryman starting in 2004. Did some traveling in that capacity. Finished Paramedic school in 2015 while I was still in. I was unable to reclass, so I got out about 18months ago, joined the Reserves and reclassed to 68w. Currently working as a Paramedic, and have ITLS, TCCC, PHTLS, AWLS cards. I'm also working on getting back in on active duty.

Feedback Score
    Military flight med physician assistant with rural med training. Prior EMT, 91B/D (currently 68W/D), and tactical medical officer (executive med). Two deployments in the sandbox. One deployment in the jungles of SE Asia.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast