Thread: Questions from a new user

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Questions from a new user

I finally got my YHM Fatcat and HuxWrx OSS out of jail and now need to install the muzzle devices. YHM’s instructions say nothing about torque value or using a thread locker- just use the provided tools to install. HW is more straight forward with torque value but doesn’t mention a thread locker. I’ve watched a few videos and some say thread lock it and others don’t. What is the hive’s opinion and experience on properly installing these muzzle devices?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Huxwrx has left-handed threads on the suppressor side so just enough torque to keep the muzzle device on is all that’s needed. I use about 20-25 ft-lb which is way more than I can ever apply by hand mounting the suppressor.

For right-handed thread like my DeadAir KeyMo, I use 25 ft-lb with Rocksett.

ETA: That’s for the typical 1/2-28 threaded .223/5.56 barrels. I go up to 30-35 ft-lb on .308.
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; Yesterday at 18:05.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I use Rocksett and 20ft-lbs across all my mounts.

Oh, and no crush washers. If your mount needs to be timed for whatever reason, use shims.
    Last edited by kerplode; Today at 10:52.