Page 293 of 408 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Having owned a 7 inch Redhawk, I have often wondered how many Alaskans have found an empty set of shredded clothes, perhaps some bone and hair and a bright shiny 7 inch Redhawk with only empties in the cylinder?
    I could barely shoot the damned thing and after about twelve full power rounds I wondered why Elmer Keith even F'ing bothered.
    That was seriously a bad choice in pistols for me.
    I've also learned having the right firearm for the intended purpose is just as important as the right hammer for framing out a house.
    My ex bought me a Super RedHawk (7 1/2" barrel) for a wedding gift many, many moons ago. I found it to be a very accurate firearm. It was heavy enough so that it wasn't a pain to shoot. I enjoyed shooting it as much as I have any other revolver. I've fired some beasts before that were not pleasant, a Thompson Contender 4570 comes to mind. It was a firearm that was "fun" to fire, but after about 20 rounds my darn hand was to sore to enjoy shooting anything! I initially wanted the Super RedHawk to hunt back home, but that wasn't bear, it was whitetail and javelina. It wasn't ever a "Clint Eastwood moment" but really about a revolver that I really liked and was bought for a purpose. So for me, I really liked that pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Having owned a 7 inch Redhawk, I have often wondered how many Alaskans have found an empty set of shredded clothes, perhaps some bone and hair and a bright shiny 7 inch Redhawk with only empties in the cylinder?
    I could barely shoot the damned thing and after about twelve full power rounds I wondered why Elmer Keith even F'ing bothered.
    That was seriously a bad choice in pistols for me.
    I'm not knocking the Ruger or the .44 mag. I had a friend who could hit gallon bleach bottles 5/6 times at 50 yards with that gun. But it was a poor choice for me at the time, and would be a bad choice even today.

Take Care,

Buzz

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't remember if I posted this or not but I recently heard that a "7.62x39 cal is not powerful enough." If you're waiting for more....there isnt. That was it. What the guy said, it's not powerful enough and he would never bother with one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Hey Buzz,

I don't have my Super Redhawk anymore and if I decided to buy another handgun, it wouldn't be the Ruger. If your friend still has his Redhawk, I think I still have one speedloader left will work on his - I'm more than happy to throw it in the mail and send it to you if he wants it. I'll pull the Hydrashocks out of it first though.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Hey Buzz,

I don't have my Super Redhawk anymore and if I decided to buy another handgun, it wouldn't be the Ruger. If your friend still has his Redhawk, I think I still have one speedloader left will work on his - I'm more than happy to throw it in the mail and send it to you if he wants it. I'll pull the Hydrashocks out of it first though.
    Thanks Robert, but that story was from many many moons ago back in Alaska, and I've long since lost track of the guy. Take care,

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    No problem -

Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Wonders if we need a thread called "Dumbest things overheard (or read) at M4C." I hang out here way more than my LGS.
    There is a thread like that. It's the yellow legal pad next to my laptop, with the list of banned users. Gee, I might even be kidding.

But probably not.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    There is a thread like that. It's the yellow legal pad next to my laptop, with the list of banned users. Gee, I might even be kidding.

But probably not.
    After reading the succinct comment you gave to Mr. Belt Keeper, or as I refer to him "Sir Stengun, Keeper of the Holy Hand Grenade and Holy Belt Clips" I do not doubt you are serous as a heart attack. I might be wrong.

But probably not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

But probably not.
    I laughed way harder than I should have
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I don't remember if I posted this or not but I recently heard that a "7.62x39 cal is not powerful enough." If you're waiting for more....there isnt. That was it. What the guy said, it's not powerful enough and he would never bother with one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Must be worried about bears.

And given that the 7.62x39 is a wimpy 30-30 and lots of people like to poo-poo the 30-30....
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 293 of 408 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast