Page 281 of 408 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    One of the problems of working in a gun store is that, in addition to the neckbeards and mouth breathers, there's a bunch of hyper type-A++ personalities who, while knowledgeable, live for no other reason than to dominate and humiliate people. Now, I'm no SME, but I think I know enough to point people in the right direction when searching for a gun. I also know good amount of technical details and modifications that can be done to most of the common semi-auto rifles. But again, I don't know everything about everything. For this reason, I have no time for people like this:

Earlier in my firearm sales years, I got a call from this really hyped up guy. The conversation went like this:

Me: "[Gun store] can I help you?"

Him: "I need a conversion kit for a Saiga."

Me: "What kind of conversion kit?"

Him: "Jesus, do you know ANYTHING about guns??"

Me: "Uh, I have a decent base of knowledge, but I'm still not 100% sure what you're asking for."

Him: "What the hell did I just say? I want a damn conversion kit for a Saiga. How ****ing hard is this??"

Me: "I'm just not sure what you're asking for. Could you explain..."

Him: "No, don't even waste my time. You just lost yourself a customer for life. Nice work, dumbass!" [slams down phone]

I later looked up and got an idea of what he meant. But seriously, if you're such a Goddamn expert AND your time is precious, order it online and save your flawless eardrums from the dumb shit that comes out of the mouths of uneducated dumbasses like me. I won't shed a tear that I won't get to work with you again.
    Why don't you learn the art of "tact"?...

...fully telling these people to go **** themselves?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ya know, if I worked in a gun store I'd just get people to buy my most expensive stuff.

If they really cared they'd take a class or do some research, stupidly easy with the internet nowadays. M4C would pretty much be your first and only stop for sensible AR info. I guess some other BS site if you wanted skull head lowers or some other queer ninja turtle crap.

Want a Deagle? Here ya go.
    Want a DPMS Sportical? Here ya go.
    Wanna buy your wife a 20 lb trigger .357 J frame and the hottest pocket rocket ammo? Here ya go.

It just means more quality stuff for people who know what to get. And these people can feel temporarily good about themselves.

I understand that it is good to "convert" people into being this Swiss style nation of riflemen where everyone has a Mk. 12 and a Glock 19 but at the end of the day they remain blissfully stupid and you're giving yourself ulcers.

If you have good and loyal customers, that's one thing. But just some dude off the street, let him get whatever and if he passes NICS, may he live forever in peace.

Easy to say but just my deal.
    Or maybe I'm just really antisocial lately.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Why don't you learn the art of "tact"?...

...fully telling these people to go **** themselves?
    Huh? He didn't tell him to go **** themselves.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    One of the problems of working in a gun store is that, in addition to the neckbeards and mouth breathers, there's a bunch of hyper type-A++ personalities who, while knowledgeable, live for no other reason than to dominate and humiliate people. Now, I'm no SME, but I think I know enough to point people in the right direction when searching for a gun. I also know good amount of technical details and modifications that can be done to most of the common semi-auto rifles. But again, I don't know everything about everything. For this reason, I have no time for people like this:

Earlier in my firearm sales years, I got a call from this really hyped up guy. The conversation went like this:

Me: "[Gun store] can I help you?"

Him: "I need a conversion kit for a Saiga."

Me: "What kind of conversion kit?"

Him: "Jesus, do you know ANYTHING about guns??"

Me: "Uh, I have a decent base of knowledge, but I'm still not 100% sure what you're asking for."

Him: "What the hell did I just say? I want a damn conversion kit for a Saiga. How ****ing hard is this??"

Me: "I'm just not sure what you're asking for. Could you explain..."

Him: "No, don't even waste my time. You just lost yourself a customer for life. Nice work, dumbass!" [slams down phone]

I later looked up and got an idea of what he meant. But seriously, if you're such a Goddamn expert AND your time is precious, order it online and save your flawless eardrums from the dumb shit that comes out of the mouths of uneducated dumbasses like me. I won't shed a tear that I won't get to work with you again.
    Some folks are just angry no matter what.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Gun show this weekend....

Customer: I have a 308
    Me: OK
    Customer: It has a smooth hand guard and I want to put one of these cheese grater hand guards on it.
    Me: What brand 308 do you own, sir?
    Customer: It's one of those CPD..... Ummm CPS..... Ummm It's a Panther
    Me: Do you mean DPMS?
    Customer: I think so, I had it like 3 years and I haven't shot it yet....
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Gun show this weekend....

Customer: I have a 308
    Me: OK
    Customer: It has a smooth hand guard and I want to put one of these cheese grater hand guards on it.
    Me: What brand 308 do you own, sir?
    Customer: It's one of those CPD..... Ummm CPS..... Ummm It's a Panther
    Me: Do you mean DPMS?
    Customer: I think so, I had it like 3 years and I haven't shot it yet....
    OMG...amazing how many times that happens at the shows.....I love the guys that want a "clip" but don't even know the caliber, let alone the make and model.
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    It is amazing how many times people will spend like 15 minutes looking over the table, and when I ask if they are looking something in particular, they tell me, I hand it to them, and they set it down and say they don't want it.
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I told the guys that I could have just sold him something and took his money. He may never see us again to return it if it didn't fit or he realized he needed tools to install it. I'm certain some vendors would do just that.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I used to love going to gun shows as a kid and looking at all the cool stuff I couldn't buy. Then I became a man and started buying equipment and training. Went to one gun show and it was depressing watching adults oogling over tapco stuff they wont buy for some reason. I havnt been back. I don't get it. Something like shot show would be cool, cause I could buy the stuff later, but a lot of people attend gun shows like it's a strip club, which are also depressing for the same reasons.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djegators View Post
    OMG...amazing how many times that happens at the shows.....I love the guys that want a "clip" but don't even know the caliber, let alone the make and model.
    Shows bring out the room temperature IQ people. We actually had a guy who wanted to trade a Taurus PT111 and a Maverick 88 shotgun for a SCAR-H straight up. He was flabbergasted that we said we'd maybe knock off $150. He then went into a big thing about how the Maverick is considered the best shotgun in the game, the SEALs use it, etc. So dumb they can't fathom that anyone else isn't as dumb as them.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 01-11-16 at 13:23.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Page 281 of 408 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast