Page 273 of 408 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac5.56 View Post
    Aint that the truth. 10 years in the Hudson Valley and I never found a store I liked.
    5 years to go and starting to look for my retirement State. Definitely leaving Newyorkistan.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aguila327 View Post
    5 years to go and starting to look for my retirement State. Definitely leaving Newyorkistan.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Started putting the pieces together to leave after the SAFE ACT, got out this June. Haven't been happier.

My wife needed to transfer her medical certification from NY to OR... Took NY three tries, and 3.5 months to get a letter sent to Oregon. When Oregon received the letter, it took them a total of 1 day to process and ship it, and we got her Oregon Certificate three days after the NY paper work arrived in state. I loath NY. I have a ton of people there who I love, but what a hole.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    While working at my friend's gun shop, a gentleman with beer bottle caps crimped to his dreadlocks walks in and asked to see a G19. I politely told him that I wouldn't allow him to handle said pistol due to the fact that he had the bottle caps in his hair and smelled like weed.

2 hours later he comes back in sans bottle caps and with a friend. Goes to a different employee and states that he'd like to see a G19. I walked over and explained to him once again that due to the previous interaction with him, we would not let him see any firearms. His friend chimed in and asked if he could just buy the pistol. I politely said no and asked them both to leave and to pull their pants up. They made a few remarks before leaving. As they were walking out, bottle caps was looking back eyeing me so bad that he walked head first into the entry door.

Never saw either of them again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    BoringGuy45- Possibility. There were busy. Thing is...a man my age..in a gunshop...doesn't know what AN AK47 IS?! That got me.
    BTW- the AK I looked at was a Century. They've upped their game.
    I can believe it. I used to work at Cabelas; we had guys who managed the firearms department who barely knew which end of the gun the bullet came out of. They were hired because they had business degrees and/or prior experience as managers in other stores, not because they knew anything about what they sold.

At my current job, we've had salesmen who applied for no other reason than the "Help wanted, no experience necessary" ad. They knew nothing about guns when they came in; they figured they had people skills and they could learn the products as they go. One guy did that very well and he's a very knowledgeable salesman now. A couple others couldn't pick it up and either quit or were let go.

But at the end of the day, a gun shop is just another retail store. Most places are working They aren't normally going to attract the best and brightest in the gun world, because the best and brightest most often go on to start or work for major companies.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    In Louisville, KY over the holiday, took the Old Man shooting. One of the reasons I got an RMR-equipped gun is so that I can get our father-son activities going, since his eyes can't make out front sight blades too well, any more (plus, it's not like mine are getting any better, either...). He did just FINE with it, some groups on B8s, some 3-2-1s, a little bit 'o' Typewriter...good times! but as I was setting up my own turn to shoot, one of the local range/shop...creatures...engaged him in conversation that I overheard, one that centered around "...you'll never be able to do anything but slow-fire with that."

...so I clenched my eyes shut, pinched the bridge of my nose to stave off the aneurysm, sighed heavily...and ripped off a 8.24sec "The Test" with a score of 96 5x. From the #$%&ing draw, since I was feeling suddenly peckish and full of myself.

Marked the target, handed the target to my dad, and told him to hand it to neckbeard. "Yeah, Dad, NObody ever gets fast with these things, you should just quit. AFTER your turn, though..." To neckbeard: "You're free to go, sir. No, keep the target. I made that just for you, after all."

There are times when interceding in the lives of others is appropriate. When somebody's doing crap you think is impossible is NOT one of those times. SAOFAR
    Where's the freaking "Like" button when you need one?

I do hope you and your father had a chance to wander along the Bourbon Trail. It's something I do miss about Kentucky.

Feedback Score
    Reading this makes me want to pick up a second job in my local gun shop. I'm in year number 5 of car sales, know my way around guns and need some more good customer stories for my memoirs. The employee discount on NFA items is a draw too.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The hoodrat and baby momma going gun shopping. Classic.

I dunno what is worse.... the fat 30 year old virgin dressed up like an off duty motard cop know-it-all or the blatant ghetto garbage wanting to see "dat forty"

That's why I got all my favorite FFLs gift cards this year for all the shit they put up with.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The hoodrat and baby momma going gun shopping. Classic.

I dunno what is worse.... the fat 30 year old virgin dressed up like an off duty motard cop know-it-all or the blatant ghetto garbage wanting to see "dat forty"
    I'll take the ghetto guy looking at Hi-Points all day over the 30 year old virgin. The ghetto guys, I've found, have a tendency to be easier to work with and are a lot more pleasant, believe it or not.

The motard wannabes have a tendency to be very high maintenance. They'll want to see every gun you have, they'll ask your opinion, and then counter every opinion with something they read in SWAT or Tactical Weapons, or something they heard from their supposedly in-the-know buddy. You can go on and on about the merits of Colt, Glock, BCM, HK, etc, and they always settle on a Taurus or DPMS, then gives you shit when you can't give them a better price. Then, a month later, they're short on cash and want to sell the POS gun back to you for the price they got it.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BG45.

Yeah...that actually is more annoying.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    edited
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-03-16 at 16:50.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 273 of 408 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast