Page 183 of 408 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I walk in to the gun store with my work clothes on sometimes. People around here work, and we get dirty and oily ( gotta love that oilfield!). Am i doing it on purpose? Of course not! I was at work and stopped by before they closed. I do have to agree though, there are those who take it WAY overboard, ( ie the trashy/no bathing type)
    Last edited by SilverBullet432; 12-11-13 at 19:47.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    d) Unless you just came from, or are about to go to, drill or hunting, wear something other than camouflage. It just looks stupid and it doesn't impress anyone.
    Not gonna lie...I definitely stopped at a gas station on the way home from a night range last weekend rocking some Crye fancy pants. The Red Bull and chicken sandwich couldn't wait...I was starving.

Your post is spot on. I see everything you typed DAILY in Fayetteville and home in Savannah. It gives the community a poor image to outsiders and does nothing to help our cause.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I'm on the other side of the counter, but I'm like you: Clean shaven, young, educated, in good shape, and I get treated like crap by a lot of customers because I don't look like Duck Dynasty and smell like an armpit covered in cigarette ashes.
    So what if our educated, young, in shape, and don't shave...???
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by exkc135driver View Post
    … which causes me to wonder why so many gun guys speak like hicks, write like seventh-grade dropouts, or just don’t know that the &^#* they’re talking about. I can’t count the number of “Belgium” Brownings I’ve seen for sale at gun shows … the number of times I’ve heard cartridges being referred to as bullets … the number of times I’ve seen someone handed a firearm and immediately put his finger on the trigger (it’s always a man) … the number of times … well, you get the point.

Is it any wonder Mrs. Soccer Mom thinks we're all little Attilas? Apart from the nasty, horrible things we like to play with, we are portrayed as being ignorant, stupid, uncouth, and smelly, and the sad thing is, many of us are exactly that. Our public image stinks, and it’s our own fault. Shows like ‘Sons of Guns’ and ‘Duck Dynasty” serve only to perpetuate that image.
    Best thing I have heard on this forum in over a year regarding our image.

Before Sandyhook I had 20 "liberals" lined up for shooting lessons... After Sandy Hook I had 0. These are people that could help limit, stop, or slow down gun control mind you.

THe marketing of gun owners as unkept rednecks is not helping us in anyway. And this comes from a man that has a beard, works with his hands, and aint the prettiest thing to look at.

Television marketing of our cause will not help any of us.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac5.56 View Post
    So what if our educated, young, in shape, and don't shave...???
    Not saying it makes me any better. I'm saying it doesn't help when guys like me are ostracized because we don't look or act the part of the good ol' boys often found in gun shops.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 quick ones:
    Way back in my misspent youth I worked in a gun store in wonderful Stockton California. Stockon PD drops by and informs us that they have intel that one of the local gangs is talking about jacking a local gun store. This was in 98. So anyway, its closing time, I'm standing at a counter about to count the till. My partner his at the opposite end of the store filing 4473s. This knuckle head drives up to the store at a high rate of speed in a Samurai. He jumps out of the car and comes rushing into the store with his hand in his pocket. As he crosses the threshold he pulls a stainless wheel gun out of his of pocket. I yell gun, draw and move behind the register for cover. My partner (wrapped a little tight on a good day) stands up with a Bulgarian SLR95 and starts swinging towards him. He drops the gun like its broiling hot. "I only wanted to buy a holster for it". I was so startled I called him a "****ing moron". HE came back the next day to complain to the manager. THe manager said "sir, I am really supprised that Damien didn't shoot you, you got off light".

Second story: New Years eve 1999. Dude walks in and asks for "the loudest 45 ammo you have". "Sorry man" we don't sell ammo on New Years Eve, because people just shoot it in the air, which I not safe....". He says "not me man, I want it to take out and shoot cans". "Then why did you ask for the loudest ammo?". I'll make you a deal, come back and see me tomorrow morning and I'll sell you a box at cost. Never saw him again...
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    One January, we found a .45 slug slightly in-bedded in my parents roof shingle.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    "This is the 500 S&W Magnum. It will drop a 300lb boar by shooting it 3" underneath it from the shock wave alone coming off the round."
    Not sure about you guys, but I'm only here for the free food and open bar.

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejackets92fs View Post
    "This is the 500 S&W Magnum. It will drop a 300lb boar by shooting it 3" underneath it from the shock wave alone coming off the round."
    I've heard this a ton in regards to this round. And yes, it is always at gun stores. I wonder if it is true about the .50 BMG though.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Ahhh, but a .45 will kill your soul

S.M.
    "I'd rather have a Bloody Mary made from the bandage drippings of a dozen Ebola victims than watch BattleField Earth again."

SeriousStudent

Page 183 of 408 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast