Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Experience with DD M4

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Yup, Rainer had mine to me in about a week. I took some pics of it next to my LMT but then had every AA battery in the house die

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Is DD offering the VFG as a stand-alone item?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Got mine about a week ago and it will make its way to the range this weekend. Of all the AR rifles I have, and I have a few, I think it is my most favorite. It has everything an operator could want right out of the box and no extra fluff! Pricing is more than fair IMO. I’m not at all concerned with it running. I know it will. The components and overall quality are excellent as well as the fit and finish.

Because the rifle is so nice I could not help but notice that the included DD rear receiver swivel attachment did not match perfectly the profile of the rear of the receiver. It’s a little long and if it really bothered me I would contact DD and I know they would send me another. I bought my rifle to run and beat the hell out of, it will not be a safe queen.

Not sure what I think about the included VFG. While it is functional and locks down tight it just falls a little short in appearance again in my opinion compared to the rest of the rifle. I did replace the mil-spec pistol grip with a MIAD. The mil-spec just didn’t do the overall package justice. I would have assumed that this was discussed and that the design team did not want to commit to another item that could put delivery, especially in this current environment, of the rifle in jeopardy
    like the included Magpul MOE butt stock and PMAG.

This rifle is the one to own and take to the fight.

I will let you know how wonderful it runs in a few days.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Here are some pics

My first impresions are great. Next to my LMT they are equal in every way my untrained eye has noticed. Of course the A2 grip had to go first. Things that have changed my way of thinking a bit are the first thing I noticed when I picked it up was that it was lighter than my LMT, alot lighter. Wieght does not bother me to much because I am used to carrying around current body armor etc. But I dont need to do that here so lighter may be better!! The LMT has 6 123 batteries in the stock because the surefire on it requires three to run it. The vertical grip on the DD will hold 2 batteries and with the X 300 I am thinking about changing the LMT set up to match the DD. I never thought I would need or want the longer rails but a big plus to me is that with the 300 in the 12 oclock position, turning the light on accidentally is not going to happen, but if I want to turn it on I can reach it and not lose any control of the rifle. Might change that on the LMT too. The one thing I did not like was the rear sight, I have gotten used to having a front sight in my view but both and the aimpoint was a little busy for me so it may go away. Anyway, just one guys thoughts, this weekend I have a dance competition (daughter) and a wrestling match (son) so there will be no shooting
    Last edited by sapper36; 02-13-09 at 21:03.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    A little update. I purchased a DD M4 from AIM Surplus about 2 weeks ago. They told me that they would b arriving anyday, yada,yada,yada. So anyways my wife called to get an update and they said "they are backordered and we don't know when they will be shipping mine out". So we canceled. Contacted Rainier Arms and they just got 10 in about 20 minutes ago. Mine will be shipping out today as per their email. They are getting 20 more next week.
    I cannot tell you how much I appreciated this heads up IG! As soon as I read it I called AIM and cancelled and while waiting, decided I just HAD to add a Mosin Nagant to the collection and then cancelled the DD M4. Then quickly called RA and ordered one of theirs in stock and should have it next week. I was in the same boat as you and normally would not care, but I have a class coming up soon and really want to run this rifle, so I paid the extra $50 to get it now from RA. Good thing is that I splurged and got the Hexagonal Mosin Nagant and 800 rounds and my DD M4 in one feld swoop. Thanks IG and I know you are overseas serving our country and can just dream about getting to your new DD M4 and it makes me proud to know this. You are a god man and a patriot. God Bless and thanks again for the heads up all the way in the desert.
    Take care.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

break in

Do you all advocate any sort of "break in" with brand new, high-end AR's, or do you just sight them in and roll out? I am thinking about buying DDM4 and hope to get it in time for an EAG carbine course.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM View Post
    Do you all advocate any sort of "break in" with brand new, high-end AR's, or do you just sight them in and roll out? I am thinking about buying DDM4 and hope to get it in time for an EAG carbine course.
    Generally speaking, an AR does not need any type of break-in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe View Post
    You are a god man and a patriot.
    Careful, you'll inflate his head.

Are there any perceived issues with running an X300 so close to the fsb? I know they're supposed to be rock solid lights, and x200 I have on my Glock seems to hold up to the hype, but I wonder about the heat.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    OK, that has been my limited experience (exclusively with colts), but even these were not subjected to 1300 rds in just a few days.

Feedback Score
    Are you sure AIM actually had it on backorder?

When I called to check the shipping status of mine, they guy on the phone said something about backorder, but I remember when I placed the order I specifically asked about stock status and told they were in hand. After a bit of checking, he corrected and said oh, it shipped.

I have it in hand, got it yesterday. Will write up a better post with pics later today when I get home.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast