Thread: Rcvr. End Plate - Same for com. & mil-spec?

Feedback Score

Rcvr. End Plate - Same for com. & mil-spec?

After much pounding, twisting and cussing, I finally got the commercial rec. extension off my RRA lower. The purpose is to install the CTR stock on a mil-spec receiver extension. The problem is that the end plate from the RRA tube won't fit on the mil-spec tube. It goes couple of notches and then gets stuck. I thought that everything else is interchangeable?
    Last edited by Trempel; 03-15-09 at 18:24.

Feedback Score
    Never mind. Being an impatient man, I took a Dremel to the existing end plate and after just 2 minutes was able to fit it on the mil-spec tube. Everything is installed, castle nut is staked, and I think I'm done screwing with this rifle.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    the endplate you took off your commercial extension wouldnt fit your new milspec? thats weird. endplates are only a couple bucks, i'd just go ahead and replace it for all fubar it's gotta be by now

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    You will sometimes come across parts at the outside or inside edge of tolerances. On the receiver plate I just usually grab another and try it. There are not 2 different sizes.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    That's what I thought. But since AR parts are very hard to come by right now, I didn't want to wait several weeks before I put my rifle together. The amount of material removed by Dremel was very insignificant. There was barely any dust after I was done, so it does look like the RRA end plate was just a little tighter than necessary.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had one do that on a supposed DPMS rifle I was working on once.

Swapped it out for a new plate.

-RD62