Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noveske Barrels and .22 Conversion kit

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Noveske Barrels and .22 Conversion kit

I was going to contact Noveske but figured I see if anyone had inquired already. I just re-barreled my work gun with a Noveske 10.5. My dept. is going to be obtaining some .22 conversion kits for work platforms in pistol & rifle for cheap training. I know that it isn't recommended to shoot lead out of Glock barrels because of the polygonal rifling. So my question is does the same apply to a Noveske barrel. If anyone knows or has first hand experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Their response from Joel at Noveske: (I asked about accuracy and reliability of the gun.)

Most kits are not very accurate or reliable once a little
    dirty. .22lr bore vs. 556 bore are not the same so the
    accuracy will never be great, but it will not hurt the gun
    and its a great way to get extra practice with your AR.

Good shooten, Joel~

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Thanks for the post. I called them awhile back and got the same response.

Feedback Score

Different Twist Rates too

Quote Originally Posted by grimloktt View Post
    Their response from Joel at Noveske: (I asked about accuracy and reliability of the gun.)

Most kits are not very accurate or reliable once a little
    dirty. .22lr bore vs. 556 bore are not the same so the
    accuracy will never be great, but it will not hurt the gun
    and its a great way to get extra practice with your AR.

Good shooten, Joel~

Remember that most .22 barrels have a twist rate around 1:16 or 1:12. Most of our AR barrels are 1:9-1:7 this will effect accuracy but for training won't matter much.
    Although you will probably get a lot of training in malfunction drills :-) .22 conversions rarely run 100/% or even 80% for that matter.

Until that day,
    Darkop

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkop View Post
    .22 conversions rarely run 100/% or even 80% for that matter.
    Hmmm... there are a lot of guys in the pistol caliber forum going through brick after brick of .22lr with no hiccups.

Certainly it's not that 100% of conversions run 100% of the time, but I think 80% a low-ball guesstimate.

Bimmer

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Anyone who would pump 22lr down a Noveske barrel should have it taken away and be issued an OLYMPIC ARMS!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been rolling some .22LR down my N4 with no problem. I doubt the barrel is being harmed. Now, what that badass barrel is doing to those poor little .22LR rounds may be another story.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Hmmm... there are a lot of guys in the pistol caliber forum going through brick after brick of .22lr with no hiccups.
    And I am one of them. My CMMG runs great. And, yes, markm, I am also doing it in a N4. No I won't take your Oly in trade.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Anyone who would pump 22lr down a Noveske barrel should have it taken away and be issued an OLYMPIC ARMS!
    Yea. Even after I got the go ahead from Noveske I couldn't bring myself to do it. I know it won't hurt my Noveske but I figured I'd lead up another upper instead. I just grabbed a 11.5 Bushy upper I had lying around instead.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    On a side note I have been running my Spikes kit with nary a malfunction. At first it did not like my golden bullets. Then I switched to federals and it runs almost 100%. I'm pleased. If I do have a malfunction it just gives me an opportunity to transition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast