Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SBR, More than one upper

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Markm,

The box that asks for the other description is specifically where I was instructed by my stores ATF (NFA) examiner told us to placed the other calibers and barral lengths. Hell she even faxed us a copy of an approved form filled out in the manner she instructed. I had gotten numerous approved forms back that were completed in this manner.

But in the end everyone has to do what they find correct. All this nonsense about constructive possession is stupid. Know lets be serious the police ( I am one) can/ could charge you with anything I guess, but you will never be convicted in a court of law for possible intent to make a SBR. It doesn't matter if you ahave a registered lower or not. Remember that an upper in it self is not anything. It is not a gun, knife or any thing else. They are not regulated in any way shape or form.

Some people on this forum are conspiricy therist, and fear mongers. I just have to laugh everytime I read threads that go down this road.

I also know there have been some cases that have involved some of these type situation. Some of them have gone badly for the defendant, but I can assure you there is a lot more to the story if anyone got convicted under these circumstances

Matt

Feedback Score
    I would like to know who told you it was illegal for your wife to have access to a safe in which your Class III weapons are secured.It appears that many of you spend more time worrying about going to prison than actually shooting your legally owned firearms.Most criminals don't even go to prison.Let it go,enjoy life,but stock up on lube just in case!
    Last edited by bigthunder223; 01-26-09 at 21:39.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glockshooter View Post
    Markm,

The box that asks for the other description is specifically where I was instructed by my stores ATF (NFA) examiner told us to placed the other calibers and barral lengths. Hell she even faxed us a copy of an approved form filled out in the manner she instructed. I had gotten numerous approved forms back that were completed in this manner.
    I don't doubt this. Nor do I doubt your statement. It's just not what I'd interperate that line to mean. And it sure seems that ATF contradicts itself depending on who within the agency you talk to.

All this nonsense about constructive possession is stupid.
    AMEN!!

Some people on this forum are conspiricy therist, and fear mongers. I just have to laugh everytime I read threads that go down this road.
    Don't laugh. I had one of these self appointed NFA enforcers threatening to call ATF on me. HERE ON THIS SITE.

I also know there have been some cases that have involved some of these type situation. Some of them have gone badly for the defendant, but I can assure you there is a lot more to the story if anyone got convicted under these circumstances
    AMEN, AMEN!!

p.s. You're going to prison for 10 years just for typing this!!!
    Last edited by markm; 01-27-09 at 07:55.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    [QUOTE][Don't laugh. I had one of these self appointed NFA enforcers threatening to call ATF on me. HERE ON THIS SITE.
    /QUOTE]

All I can say is WOW. You know the only thing that might actually be illegal about any of this thread is the threat to report you for possible illegal activity that is not actually illegal. You might consider a Harassment charge. LOL

Matt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    In either case, you wouldn't put other barrel lengths and calibers in there. That was my point.
    As someone else said, yes you do. That's where the ATF examiner said to do it.

Also, FOR THOSE THAT ARE GOING THE TRUST ROUTE READ THIS: New rule. You have to engrave the ENTIRE TRUST NAME on the receiver..no abbreviations, period. New rule. My Form 1s got kicked back for that and I talked to my examiner last week. They just had a class by the Technology division..no more abbreviations. No initials...no ABC Trust. Nothing. Doesn't matter what you put in 4h. It has to be the full name.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
    As someone else said, yes you do. That's where the ATF examiner said to do it.
    As I said. I have no reason to doubt that someone was told this by ATF. It's just NOT what the line calls for by any reasonable interpretation. In other words... I believe what you are saying. But I don't have mulitple barrels or calibers so it doesn't really matter to me anyway. It also contradicts what others have reported being told by ATF (which again, is no surprise)

Also, FOR THOSE THAT ARE GOING THE TRUST ROUTE READ THIS: New rule. You have to engrave the ENTIRE TRUST NAME on the receiver..no abbreviations, period. New rule. My Form 1s got kicked back for that and I talked to my examiner last week. They just had a class by the Technology division..no more abbreviations. No initials...no ABC Trust. Nothing. Doesn't matter what you put in 4h. It has to be the full name.
    I don't follow on this one.... How would ATF know what your engraving is or was going to be? I didn't have to provide anything indicating if or what I might be engraving on my 2 guns???
    Last edited by markm; 01-28-09 at 08:03.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

I don't follow on this one.... How would ATF know what your engraving is or was going to be? I didn't have to provide anything indicating if or what I might be engraving on my 2 guns???
    Most people put what they are engraving in 4h if they are going to abbreviate a trust name. If you don't put anything in there they won't know what you plan to engrave but then it's on you doing the right thing. That's exactly how my examiner put it. "If you leave 4h blank I won't know what you have engraved on the receiver, but if you shorten the name it will be illegal.".

Just something to keep in mind when drawing up a trust. Use a short name. I resubmited my paperwork with a new trust with a much shorter name.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthunder223 View Post
    I would like to know who told you it was illegal for your wife to have access to a safe in which your Class III weapons are secured.It appears that many of you spend more time worrying about going to prison than actually shooting your legally owned firearms.Most criminals don't even go to prison.Let it go,enjoy life,but stock up on lube just in case!
    ATF has been quite clear about only the registered owner having access to the weapon, which means your wife having access to it, without you, is a felony. There is no such thing as "joint registration" of NFA weapons. If it is yours, she can't possess it, period, end of discussion. This isn't even remotely a "grey area" of NFA law.

Yes, lots of guys don't give two shits about that aspect of the law. That doesn't change the fact that they're relying solely on staying off of ATF's radar screen to avoid prosecution.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    So you put your engraving info in 4h after you just told us that ATF wants your additional bbl and caliber info there.

Why do I feel like I'm back at ARFCOM?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Not to toss a hand grenade into the room and run, but what about Trusts that aren't "manufacturing" anything, but rather simpy taking delivery of a factory SBR like the Colt 6933? Is there an associated engraving requirement with this approach? Logic would suggest not, but logic doesn't get you very far in interpreting NFA laws.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast