Thread: to cant or not to cant please?????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    If it doesn't cost anything, I would say why not. If it does, I would say why.

I never have served in an infantry unit. But perhaps a DMR needs to be reasonably quick to engage a target? Scope with bcd reticle with ranging features may be more appropriate, i.e. holding over rather than dialing in. Or perhaps combination of dialing and holding over?

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    thanks guys for the perspectives and answers and keep em coming. i read something about with a true 1x which i believe the leupold vx-6hd is that with a canted base something screwy might happen with something to the effect of shooting with both eyes open the image wouldn't look quite right through the scope vs the eye not looking through the scope. have any of y'all the use a canted base noticed such?

Big Ed

Feedback Score
    thanks for all the replies guys. i went with the 20moa mount as i guess there really isn't an downside and IF i ever wanna go further out or maybe change to more mag range it'll come in handy. i'll keep updated when i sight her in at 100. i just this sunday eve sighted the magpul buis in dead on at 50yds for the 50-200yd zero. i know thats controversial too so........

Big Ed

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
    thanks for all the replies guys. i went with the 20moa mount as i guess there really isn't an downside and IF i ever wanna go further out or maybe change to more mag range it'll come in handy. i'll keep updated when i sight her in at 100. i just this sunday eve sighted the magpul buis in dead on at 50yds for the 50-200yd zero. i know thats controversial too so........
    That's my approach. I can tell you that I have take off bolt gun bases that are worthless because they're not 20moa. I'll never use those.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v