Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone still .40 S&W?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    But a buddy of mine picked up a HK USP .40 Tactical used this weekend and it was a real fun shooter.
    I was eyeing a USP 40. But the P30L caught my eye. It's 3/4 the price, and Pappabear said he preferred the P30L over the USP.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I use/used 40 S&W for my game guns. Little bigger bullet for those "break the perf" misses and loaded to minor power factor in my G35 is like shooting a 22lr. When you suck as bad as I do any edge over the younger/faster shooting buds is welcome.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    I enjoy my G27. In a covid world, having a G30, G27, and G17 was a blessing. A solid chance at finding something on the LGS ammo shelf that could work.
    If you're buying ammo from the LGS ammo shelf during an ammo run, you're doing it wrong.

No matter how you cut it, outside of possibly working primarily around vehicles, there's no compelling reason to choose .40 S&W over 9mm.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 05-06-24 at 21:49.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I have a 3rd gen. G22. I have a G31 357 Sig and a Lonewolf 9mm conversion barrels for it. I almost always have the G31 barrel in it. I haven't shot it with the 40 S&W barrel in it in a longtime. Might have to stop and grab a box of it.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have an HK USP in .40 but rarely shoot it. I don’t have anything against it. If I’m bored one day I might get a P30 in .40
    I have dies so it isn’t that bad. I just think “why waste my powder when I can just reload more 9mm.”
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    I just recently picked up a " new to me" FNS40 to add to the SR40 that I've owned for years. The ole SR40 was the first handgun I'd ever purchased and its still my favorite. Ran years of IDPA with it as well as many training and range sessions...the wife's had an FNS9 for years and I've always liked it too so when one came up recently I just had to grab it.

Feedback Score
    I enjoy my G23-4. First Glock I ever bought. Only .40 but I ran it in three Gunsite classes and kept up with most everyone with 9MM’s. It doesn’t see much live these days but I did recently have the slide milled and running a dot on it.

I’ve been toying with making a light 180 lead load but have been busy shooting AR’s lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I enjoy my G23-4. First Glock I ever bought. Only .40 but I ran it in three Gunsite classes and kept up with most everyone with 9MM’s. It doesn’t see much live these days but I did recently have the slide milled and running a dot on it.

I’ve been toying with making a light 180 lead load but have been busy shooting AR’s lately.

I've got a load that throws a 180 gr coated bullet an average of 835 fps. The S&W cycles it and still tosses brass 3-4 feet away. The PX4 won't cycle it at all.

Do it with a fast powder.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I've got a load that throws a 180 gr coated bullet an average of 835 fps. The S&W cycles it and still tosses brass 3-4 feet away. The PX4 won't cycle it at all.

Do it with a fast powder.
    I was going to start with N320

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I was going to start with N320

I've never used that one.

I've been using 700x and HP38.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast