Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone still .40 S&W?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I've never used that one.

I've been using 700x and HP38.
    I was a big Win231 user but now N320 replaced W231/HP38 for me. Just seems to burn much cleaner. I’ve become a Vihtavuori fan. But thanks much for the advice.

Guessing 700X is for your more spicy loads?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I was a big Win231 user but now N320 replaced W231/HP38 for me. Just seems to burn much cleaner. I’ve become a Vihtavuori fan. But thanks much for the advice.

Perhaps I'll try N320 myself.

Nah, I only load mild .40.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Damn. Maybe I'll buy some 40 dies. If I find a new 40 cal pistol I like, it might be worth it. My current G22 is like 24 years old.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I carry the 40 and am quite happy with it. I don't think it's Thors hammer nor do I rely on one stop shots. But like the 45, I believe it gives me an edge and no matter how small that edge is, it's an edge. I own, shoot and carry the 9 from time to time so I'm not a hater. It's an ok round. I just don't buy into the hype about it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I only ever used W231 & Titegroup for it, always happy with the loads.

Had a nice hot 155gr XTP load for it. Have to look at my data when I get home, I THINK it was 5.7gr Titegroup.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog7972 View Post
    I carry the 40 and am quite happy with it. I don't think it's Thors hammer nor do I rely on one stop shots. But like the 45, I believe it gives me an edge and no matter how small that edge is, it's an edge. I own, shoot and carry the 9 from time to time so I'm not a hater. It's an ok round. I just don't buy into the hype about it.
    That's pretty much my view of it. To me, it seemed like Phoenix and Mesa PDs were much more deadly in the G22 days. Again, just a casual observation over many videos on the high round count to neutralize threats with the 9mm.

I'd bet anything that there's some data or study on the number of rounds fired by L.E. personnel that could be analyzed. For emphasis.. I still carry a 9mm pistol (S&W Sheild) regularly too. So don't call me racist like some ignoramus did in another thread.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post

N320 is for mild loads…only faster VV pistol powder is N310. Lots of folks like that one for soft shooting 147 gr 9MM loads. I think the load is 3.0 gr under a 147 gr 9MM from RMR

But VV app isn’t showing N310 for .40 so N320 (a favorite of mine) has it. But if I had 310, an email to VV would likely give me a good load range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Damn. Maybe I'll buy some 40 dies. If I find a new 40 cal pistol I like, it might be worth it. My current G22 is like 24 years old.
    I’ve been sorely tempted to get a Gen 5 Glock MOS in .40 as they have supposedly beefed up the slide a bit to add mass which makes for a (perceived) softer shooting gun.

If I did it would probably be a G23…just prefer that size…

Feedback Score
    I’ve been sorely tempted to get a Gen 5 Glock MOS in .40 as they have supposedly beefed up the slide a bit to add mass which makes for a (perceived) softer shooting gun.

If I did it would probably be a G23…just prefer that size…

I've held a Gen 5 G23 and yes, the slide is considerably beefier / wider. Should have been that way from the beginning.

A major reason why people find it harder to shoot well. Guns designed for 9x19 rarely make good .40's.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast