Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safariland Weaponlight Fitment - Streamlight vs. Surefire

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Might not be the preferred solution, but rather than replace ALL my holsters, I just drop my SF X300 in a mag pouch. I get one less spare mag on my person but a much smoother and faster draw from a holster I already have great familiarity with. I can snap a SF on a carry gun faster than I can change a magazine.

If shit had started without me, probably not gonna be using the weapon light anyway. But if shit hasn't happened yet, I can use the X300 as a hand held to check my environment without having to draw my carry gun. And if shit is looking "iffy" at that point I can draw my carry gun and snap a light on the rail. So far it's been working well for me.
    Way back in the before times, in the way back when..before ANYONE made pistol + light holsters.... we carried the Ancient Insight M3 in a sam browne leather pepper spray pouch with a bit of foam in the bottom to prevent rattling/jostling.

good times.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    I use a Glock 34 with stream light one HLRDS holster I have the 6378 and the 6390 and I haven’t noticed any issues when using Glock 19 through 34 with a fire or stream light. Surprisingly the stream light is a little tighter than the surefire so I just do a few draws and see where it’s wearing and smooth it out with some 400 grit sandpaper no issues. The newer holsters have a new designed thumb release for the ALS and the nub mod doesn’t fit. I know the company is working on a new version just FYI.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My 6390RDS-5932 (it's for a HK VP9 with EPS and TLR-1) says it works with both a TLR-1 and SF X300U.

The other model that I have is a 6360-7742 (it's for a Sig P226R) and it says it works with a M3X, 200 (guessing SF), and TLR-1. Oddly enough I used this for my same VP9 before I added the Holosun EPS to it.

I don't think the 63xx series holsters use the light much if at all for retention, but instead, grab on to the ejection port of the slide.

Like recommended earlier, I would look at their compatibility guide.
    Last edited by vandal5; 05-14-24 at 14:02.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12