Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tucker Carlson’s decline into irrelevance

Feedback Score
    Tucker's Twitter show is declining into irrelevance at 50 million views? hmmmmmm....

Business Insider had early-on characterized Tucker's Twitter show 26 million views as "strong ratings" but had declined to only 3.8 million. Today, Tucker's detractors are celebrating his decline into "irrelevance" at 50 million views. LOL

-----

The famous conservative television personality launched a new show, Tucker on Twitter, which debuted in June with what appeared to be strong ratings. His first show garnered more than 26 million "video views," a Twitter metric that counts a view as anyone who watches a video for more than 2 seconds.

It's not the most reliable metric for the popularity of a show since many people might just be scrolling past it. But whatever the faults of the metric, it has declined significantly over the course of his last eight shows. His most recent show, for instance, only got 3.8 million video views.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tuck...-launch-2023-7

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    For the "non-readers"...

most attracting 10-30 million views. Additionally, this metric, which counts views regardless of viewing duration and even includes autoplays occurring in newsfeeds, does not tell us how long or in what ways most viewers actually engaged with these episodes.
    Basically a 4-10x decline and increasing. I expect him to move into full Art Bell mode soon.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    CNN and MSNBC would shove a hot soldering iron up their Arse for 50M views of anything.

Tucker's just fine.
    TV ratings and Twitter view metrics aren't the same, but yes, Tucker is doing well. Not every episode is going to be a 200+ million Putin interview, but just last week Tucker's #98 show is already more than 50 million views. Plus he's involved in a myriad of media, from Apple Podcasts to his subscription Tucker Carlson Network. Like him or hate him... but the suggestion that Tucker is declining into irrelevance is on par with low-IQ Trump critics.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 05-05-24 at 11:58.

Feedback Score
    I can't stand where he has gone.

But at 50 million viewers, he is doing just fine.

Feedback Score
    The other way to look at it is that it seems like Fox News isn’t hurting from him leaving.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    http://https://unherd.com/newsroom/t...rst-100-shows/

Oof. Meanwhile…

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-ne...how-cable-news

I confess to a little Schadenfreude here since I have despised Tucker since he was on CNN in the early 00s.
    I believe impressions are auto-play in feeds, so they are comparing apples to oranges. Why not use views for both. Anytime someone mixes metrics I discount the entire thing. Its bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm sure my bank account pales in comparison to Mr Carlson's, so I'll just say "Stick a fork in it, find an island and have fun."
    I listen to him and enjoyed him for a while and in the right company he's still good, but he's slowly drifting way off to Alex Jones land, like some sort of Left Fielder who's on the spectrum and all you can hope is that he's still with you out there
    Alex Jone's biggest problem is delivery. He tends to be years ahead and spot on with most of his stuff. Most of the far out conspiracy thearies have been proven true for the past 15 years plus.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 05-05-24 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    It could be just me but I find so many of the big voices on our side a bit tiring because for decades they've pointed out problems at the people causing them but done exactly f***all to actually stop them. Limbaugh, Beck, Wilkow, and Carlson make noise--informative noise, but noise because it has been without action and outcomes. Stuff isn't even slowing down anymore from them having pointed it out because it has had no teeth. For some reason one side gets outraged at even the smallest of things pertaining to often large targets and their outrage and exposition of the thing they dislike gets whatever they want changed to change. I've just gotten tired of listening and watching and maybe I'm not the only one. At least if I mind my own business and work on what I can get my own hands on at least that does something. They care enough to do research, have guests, and make a big production but even though they have money and connections and resources they haven't gotten anything done.
    Last edited by yellowfin; 05-05-24 at 20:07.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    It could be just me but I find so many of the big voices on our side a bit tiring because for decades they've pointed out problems at the people causing them but done exactly f***all to actually stop them. Limbaugh, Beck, Wilkow, and Carlson make noise--informative noise, but noise because it has been without action and outcomes. Stuff isn't even slowing down anymore from them having pointed it out because it has had no teeth. For some reason one side gets outraged at even the smallest of things pertaining to often large targets and their outrage and exposition of the thing they dislike gets whatever they want changed to change. I've just gotten tired of listening and watching and maybe I'm not the only one. At least if I mind my own business and work on what I can get my own hands on at least that does something. They care enough to do research, have guests, and make a big production but even though they have money and connections and resources they haven't gotten anything done.
    Playing the devil’s advocate, citizens should be getting things done, not them. You get what you pay for.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    Kinda where I'm at. I've always gotten a "controlled opposition" vibe from Tucker, and occasionally the same from Alex Jones.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I can't stand where he has gone.

But at 50 million viewers, he is doing just fine.
    He's gone in directions and positions that's had me lose much interest and respect for him, but he's killing it out there with his followers.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast