Thread: Considering one of two carbines

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo40 View Post
    Heck, does anyone here own a Colt produced since 2015?
    Yes. 2 since 2020, even.

The reason I’m so quick to recommend Colts is because they are so cheap. Yes there are cheaper, but my experience with anything I’ve touched that is cheaper than a Colt indicates that they were able to price them that way via cut corners, rather than just economy of scale and a design, tooling, and parts list that has already paid for itself to a large degree. To get a better gun usually costs 50% more or even 2-3 times as much, depending on how “better” is defined. Even the same quality gun is usually 25%-50% more. So it’s an excellent choice for someone that has non-specific plans for it.

As I’ve said before, a Colt doesn’t trade nice-to-have features that market well, for core quality. It doesn’t even bother with nice-to-have features at all, and that’s reflected in the price. A 6920 isn’t Dua Lipa or Arianna Grande….its the wife of 20 years that has a sandwich in her purse, is down to pound whenever, and doesn’t have any surprise drama up her sleeve. So what if her face is crooked.

I agree that the forum is stagnating, but not for the reasons you think. I also think Wake27 is correct, as usual.

I still don’t know exactly what the OP is trying to do with this gun. The guns he suggested might be perfectly adequate for his needs. Though I’d still get a Colt (insert some sort of laughing smiley face).
    Last edited by 1168; 05-10-24 at 10:32.