Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cancer sucks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Prayers for you & all those responsible for your care my brother!!

<><

Here's a little cancer story we are currently dealing with.

My cousin is married to one of the best chaps you could ever call a friend & is a little younger than me in his early 50's...he quit snuff a little over 20 years ago, but came back to bite him. Now this was just a couple three months ago, but imagine having half your face flayed off, removing one side of your jaw bone & replacing it with one from your lower leg. THEN, when you go back for a checkup they find a spot on the other jaw & something curious looking in the lung.

When they first described the jaw procedure he was in for months ago, I threw a brand new can of cope out & cravings were diminished thinking about it...so freak'n creepy.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    I'm sorry to hear that. I know last time we spoke things were looking up. I'll pray for you that they can find relief, delay symptoms, or even come out with better treatments in the interim.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry to hear bro. I lost my wife that way.

There are some studies that show Ivermectin as a potential anticancer drug that suppresses mestasis and a bunch of other things. I wish I knew of this before I lost my wife. Might be worth a shot.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...43661820315152

2.7. Respiratory system cancer
    Nasopharyngeal carcinoma is a malignant tumor derived from epithelial cells of the nasopharyngeal mucosa. The incidence is obviously regional and familial, and Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection is closely related [68]. In a study that screened drugs for the treatment of nasopharyngeal cancer, IVM significantly inhibited the development of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in nude mice at doses that were not toxic to normal thymocytes [69]. In addition, IVM also had a cytotoxic effect on a variety of nasopharyngeal cancer cells in vitro, and the mechanism is related to the reduction of PAK1 kinase activity to inhibit the MAPK pathway.

Lung cancer has the highest morbidity and mortality among cancers [70]. Nishio found that IVM could significantly inhibit the proliferation of H1299 lung cancer cells by inhibiting YAP1 activity [43]. Nappi's experiment also proved that IVM combined with erlotinib to achieved a synergistic killing effect by regulating EGFR activity and in HCC827 lung cancer cells [50]. In addition, IVM could reduce the metastasis of lung cancer cells by inhibiting EMT.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 05-03-24 at 12:24.

Feedback Score
    I am sorry to hear this. My prayers will be out for you and your family. Cancer has not been kind to our family.

Feedback Score
    You’re in my prayers sir, I don’t talk to god often enough but I will for you.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Hang in there buddy.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Thank you, all, for your well wishes and kind words. I work at Duke and get treatment at Duke, so they're pretty well up to date on the latest treatments, of a very rare cancer.

I appreciate all of you and expect to be a pain in your ass for years to come....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Excellent! Make it happen!

Feedback Score
    Can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this man. All my best to you and your family during your continued struggle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Thank you, all, for your well wishes and kind words. I work at Duke and get treatment at Duke, so they're pretty well up to date on the latest treatments, of a very rare cancer.

I appreciate all of you and expect to be a pain in your ass for years to come....
    10 years from now when Chuckman is talking to his doctor:

Doctor: Chuckman your labs came back looking good and so did your cat scan. You’ve been cancer free for almost a decade now.

Chuckman: That is a relief to hear doc.

Doctor: So out of curiosity what kept you going through treatment? How did you keep your head up and stay motivated? Love for you family?

Chuckman: Not exactly…

Doctor: Well what then?

Chuckman: There are a bunch of douchebags on the internet who are wrong. I had to beat cancer so I could continue to be a pain in their asses… I hate them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast