Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cancer sucks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ugh. That’s a kick to the nads.

I’m sorry, sir. Hoping for the best possible outcome.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    May The Lord God Bless your soul. I will pray a prayer for you.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Damn bro, if it'll never actually go away then beat it with a damn stick and keep it at bay, for as long as it takes!

You've made it so far, I don't think your journey is done quite yet. Shit, we need a level-headed voice of reason around here that isn't a mod!

Good to hear your previous mets are being kept in check, hopefully the response is the same from the new ones they found. I assume you are on one of the numerous "-umabs" for immunotherapy?
    Last edited by ABNAK; 05-02-24 at 20:14.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I have a friend that cancer runs in his family like blue eyes in other families.

His mother said enough and she found a clinic in Germany that cured her stage 4 cancer that I can't remember what type it was. My friend when he got hit with cancer went there and he had about 5 years of multiple cancers, but in the end he beat it and has been cancer free for maybe 6 to 8 years now.

If your interested I will get you the info on the clinic.

You have my prayers
    Last edited by yoni; 05-03-24 at 04:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Keep up the fight dude. You got this.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    They say a positive attitude helps w cancer survival and you have it in spades! Count me in w all the guys here that are thinking and rooting for you to beat this disease.
    Mark

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post

I am not symptomatic, but will be over time. That could be in 6 months, could be in 6 years. But because I am not symptomatic doc wants to hold off on chemo right now and rescan in 6-8 weeks to establish growth patterns as to determine treatment plan.

So, there's that.
    While I know this is a blow, and I'm sure it is. They caught this early, and that is a huge win. I'm not sure if you're religious man, but Job had a series of trials, and while it seems like your back at square one, your not. Keep strong, we're all praying for you.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I million pages ago I had a post about my cancer journey. ABNAK, Will Brink, and some others have reached out along the way. I can't find that thread, so an update.

I had tumors in my lungs (sarcoma, and a rare one). Small, but there. I had one round of chemo (0/0 stars, do not recommend). The tumors are still there with insignificant growth. Oncologist is happy about that; they will never go away, so the goal is to minimize growth of spread.

Routine scans last week showed some weirdness on my liver, so followed up with more scans. I think I have been irradiated more than Madame Currie. Cancer has spread to liver and bone (pelvis). The ugly word is 'metastasized', so everyone likes 'spread'.

I am not symptomatic, but will be over time. That could be in 6 months, could be in 6 years. But because I am not symptomatic doc wants to hold off on chemo right now and rescan in 6-8 weeks to establish growth patterns as to determine treatment plan.

So, there's that.
    Thinking about you bro. I had has cancer several times, starting as a kid with Hodgkins disease and the treatments were what lead to others. Also damaged my heart and I have no thyroid due to the radiation. I was lucky in that it had not spread from the lymph node it was found, and had I known then what I know now and experienced for health issues due to those high dose radiation treatments, I would have not done it. Hopefully you can control the areas that exist, make sure to keep your nutri, etc and stress levels best you can. LEF has good protocols that incorporates traditional and non approaches. See:

https://www.lifeextension.com/protoc...juvant-therapy
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I have a friend that cancer runs in his family like blue eyes in other families.

His mother said enough and she found a clinic in Germany that cured her stage 4 cancer that I can't remember what type it was. My friend when he got hit with cancer went there and he had about 5 years of multiple cancers, but in the end he beat it and has been cancer free for maybe 6 to 8 years now.

If your interested I will get you the info on the clinic.

You have my prayers
    Drop it in my PM too. Always interested in what exists out there.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Sorry brother, keep fighting. I did read just the other day in a news feed that in addition to the already mentioned vitamin C, is to stock up on vitamin D3. Cut sugar, as sugar feeds cancer.

I'm at that age now where it seems like every week I hear a story like this. Lost two former co-workers in the last two months. It's a lesson to ALL of us, check off those bucket list items. You just never know.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast