Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Springfield Armory SA-16

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had several SA 1911s over the years. All have been good shooters. My first was a Loaded model I bought in 2003 that was OD green with black controls. I loved that pistol and it was very reliable over thousands of rounds. Sold it when I got out of the Army and needed money. That's one of the few guns I really regret selling.

My other SA 1911s were lower end models. They weren't the best fit or finished, but they ran. Any of my SA 1911s I would trust to use for carry or home defense.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    I know a few of the guys putting Les Bers 1911's together. I shoot with one of them all the time. He caries a SA1911 even though he has several of Bears he put together. In one of the commercials you can see his toolbox with a SA sticker on it as he is fitting a slide to the frame.

Les does test fire every gun. But that is it. No accuracy testing for anything.
    I guess he is either attached to his SA or prefers 1911s are not hard fitted.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, Military Arms Channel did a comparison between several current A2's. His chief complaint with the Springfield iteration seemed to be the handguards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWNFPBGvhFc

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    FWIW, Military Arms Channel did a comparison between several current A2's. His chief complaint with the Springfield iteration seemed to be the handguards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWNFPBGvhFc
    My suspicion that they would cheap out and use the commercial A2 handguards has been confirmed. Those floppy black heat shield handguards are pieces of shit! And that Delta assembly looks very shoddily assembled. That sliding back and forth is pathetic. I’m just going to assume the rifle receiver extension is commercial 6061 as well. They missed an opportunity to put out a solid rifle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234